Talk

Advanced search

Carols at school already, seriously?

(6 Posts)
Anastasie Fri 13-Nov-15 14:54:01

Yesterday ds came home and told me that they had had to sing Christmas songs in assembly, including Away in a Manger - this is surely a bit soon?

Apparently it wasn't any sort of rehearsal (that's choir only) - it was to 'get everyone into the Christmas spirit'.

On November 12th?

I think they will just be bored of it in 6 weeks if they start now.

BobberClobber Fri 13-Nov-15 16:48:26

It is quite soon, but if there is going to be some sort of whole school christmas service, the kids will need to know the words to the carols so it doesn't sound rubbish on the day, and doing it at assembly is the most efficient way of doing it. If I'm correct, then I don't think they would tell the kids they're being rehearsed because it's not technically a performance, it's easier just to say it's for fun.

Although it is early, it can be pretty cringey sitting in an assembly hall/church listening to an entire school stumble their way through every song on a special occassion.

LibidinousSwine Fri 13-Nov-15 17:05:26

DS started at orchestra when they went back to school. He's also been singing "war is over" since three weeks in as that's what his singing group is doing hmm

tilliebob Fri 13-Nov-15 17:49:04

Our school has started rehearsing their infant nativity, the choir are practising their carols (although are on stage in a local theatre before the end of the month), the classes are all making things for the Christmas craft fayre at the end of the month too. Sadly Christmas has hit our school far too early this year, although the nativity and choir thing happens every year starting about now X

tilliebob Fri 13-Nov-15 17:49:34

LOL that X should have been a full stop santa

Anastasie Fri 13-Nov-15 17:50:31

Well it would be fair enough if they needed to practise, but there is no Christmas service AFAIK...! smile

War is over by John Lennon? Crikey. Ok, you win!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now