Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lush bath bombs

(27 Posts)
Heavenscent86 Thu 12-Nov-15 18:04:53

If I buy lush bath bombs now will they keep until Christmas?

LikeSilver Thu 12-Nov-15 18:05:18

Yes.

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 12-Nov-15 18:07:56

Yes, but don't.
Look at bomb cosmetics, pretty much the same but much cheaper.

Chchchchangeabout Thu 12-Nov-15 18:09:44

Yes but they will stink out your whole house.

originalmavis Thu 12-Nov-15 18:11:29

Don't do it. They dye your bath and turn your child blue. Glitter gets onto all your nooks and crevices and you are producing it like a magician for weeks to come.

BeenAndGone Thu 12-Nov-15 18:14:46

These gave me thrush. Horrible things.

Heavenscent86 Thu 12-Nov-15 18:18:20

Lol my daughter had a glittery one last year and absolutely loved the thing. Hence why I was looking for her this year. Never heard of bomb cosmetics though. I'll have a look.

d270r0 Thu 12-Nov-15 18:25:50

Bomb cosmetics is cheapest on amazon, you have to pay loads of delivery for individual items, the gift sets of 5 items are good value, large and lovely. Don't get the cheaper sets though, with more items in as they are very small.

notenoughbottle Thu 12-Nov-15 21:13:33

Bomb Cosmetics are fab especially if you've got a shop by you that sells it all! They've got such an extensive range now. My boys love my bath bombshell so I bought them one each for their stockings today!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 12-Nov-15 23:15:07

Oooh I love Lush, I bought a Teddy Bear bath bomb (no glitter grin] ) and a bottle of pink bath soak (same smell as a star wand a few years ago)

Yes they need to be kept in a lead lined box well away from sweets/chocolates or the scent gets everywhere. But I love a wander round Lush.

Wagglebees Fri 13-Nov-15 03:03:56

She'll sniff them out if you get them now. The Lush smell is unmistakable.

DH has bought me a couple of bits to put in my stocking in the past and I've always known as soon as he brings them home.

But for 'use by' dates give @Lushwecare a tweet and they'll be able to advise you more. smile

Wagglebees Fri 13-Nov-15 03:14:52

And if she's 10+ another type of bomb might not be the same, it could be that she'll feel fancy having stuff from Lush iykwim. They're a popular brand name amongst teens.

Heavenscent86 Fri 13-Nov-15 10:38:30

She's 8 and had a glittery lush bomb last year and loved it. I've gone with a selection of lush products again this Christmas for her and I think during the year I'll get her something from bomb cosmetics and see how that goes down. I don't really want her to be disappointed at Christmas if they are not quite what she wants.

BiddyPop Fri 13-Nov-15 11:21:02

I've gotten DD the "Hidden Santa" one for the past 4-5 years. I don't recall it being full of glitter (I keep forgetting when I buy the golden present (for me) that it IS, and so is the Twilight full of lavender but also glitter, grrrr). But I already bought this year's one about 3 weeks ago, and it's sitting under my desk at work. I've never had a problem with buying early and the smell being gone.

BiddyPop Fri 13-Nov-15 11:23:15

(DD turns 10 this year, with ADHD/Aspergers - and it really helps to signpost to her that its bedtime, getting out the hamper with her stocking, new PJs, bath bomb and Snowman hot water bottle, and our family copy of Twas the Night Before Christmas for bedtime reading).

ChristmasZombie Fri 13-Nov-15 14:23:08

I've got a Christmas bubble cup from mothersgoodies.Co.UK
They do Lush and Yankee dupes. The bubble cup is a little Christmas tree. The top is a bubble bar and the bottom is a bath bomb.

Doughnutsandflapjacks33 Fri 13-Nov-15 15:58:40

Both my dd's love lush but they make my youngest sore so I'm looking for something a bit more gentle for her. I love the pink bubble bars from lush, they smell like the 'snow fairy' shower gel, I might be buying some for myself and dd1 for Christmas.

Heavenscent86 Fri 13-Nov-15 17:57:28

I bought the snow fairy shower gel and a candy mountain bubble bar. Also a golden present and something called karma which is a gold pyramid shape.

SkyWasMadeOfAmethyst Fri 13-Nov-15 18:15:46

If you ask in shop they can let you know which formulas are best for smaller children. Our kids love the bubble wants and the play-doh type bubble stuff.

SkyWasMadeOfAmethyst Fri 13-Nov-15 18:16:07

Wands not wants hmm

SkyWasMadeOfAmethyst Fri 13-Nov-15 18:17:29

Oh and I make each bomb, bubble bar etc last minimum 3 baths. I break the bombs with a hammer. Full strength is too much!

poorbuthappy Fri 13-Nov-15 19:34:43

I went to lush with my eldest dd and wnded up spending a fortune on myself.
The hair custard is bloody lovely

Natkingcole9 Sat 14-Nov-15 08:44:01

I don't know how anyone can not like lush it's amazing smile

Chimchar Sat 14-Nov-15 09:08:28

my 11yo DD has been wanting one of those star wand thingies from lush since Zoella showed one on her YouTube show last Christmas...she has searched high and low, and keeps asking in the shop if they have them, but no one has known what she is asking for. Have just seen they're in stock for christmas. Will have to take a trip to get one.

I saw some Santa Lip scrub stuff I might have to get for myself. Its cola flavour! grinsanta

Natkingcole9 Sat 14-Nov-15 09:34:12

I have that Santa lip scrub it's great! Def treat yourself to it, and the bubble gum one toogrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now