Talk

Advanced search

Doh Vinci

(4 Posts)
Heavenscent86 Wed 11-Nov-15 16:01:40

Stupid question but what exactly is doh Vinci? I always thought it was just play doh but am I wrong in thinking that?

MrsGradyOldLady Wed 11-Nov-15 16:03:41

I think it's just squeezable play doh? My daughter wants some for Christmas but I'm not entirely sure what it is either!

Heavenscent86 Wed 11-Nov-15 16:26:58

Hopefully someone will come along that can enlighten us. I'm considering it for my daughter but I'm not sure I want to spend my money on it without knowing what I'm buying. Also considering make your own soaps and make your own bouncy balls kits. She's had so much arts and crafts stuff up to now that it's hard to find her something a bit different.

squiggleirl1 Wed 11-Nov-15 20:02:35

It's like a cross between decorating a cake on the bake-off and play dough.

I thought it was going to be a load of faff, but DD really likes it, and to be fair, the templates are easy to follow, and what she makes looks reasonably like what's on the box.

The dough is in a cartridge that fits into a gun. You then squeeze it on to a template e.g. picture frame, that shows swirly patterns etc. Then you leave it to dry. It hardens, and sticks to the template, so that you can then use it.

It's harmless as a toy, and there's far worse arts and crafts stuff out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now