Talk

Advanced search

secret Santa idea?

(14 Posts)
FortyFacedFuckers Tue 10-Nov-15 15:48:47

Please help, this is everything I know about my secret Santa person. woman, 50's, medical professional, slightly unusual hippyish, mother & grandmother, very chaotic, unorganised, loves elephants.
Any ideas I don't think she'd appreciate toiletries.

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 10-Nov-15 15:49:09

Forgot to add we spend £10

ChristmasZombie Tue 10-Nov-15 16:03:06

A lovely scarf? Perhaps with an elephant print? Or an elephant charm dangling from it?
Note books and pens, if she's disorganised this might help her out!

If all else fails, a nice box of chocolates from Thorntons!

R0nJ0n Tue 10-Nov-15 16:13:05

If you'd put cats instead of elephants id have thought you work with my stepmother. Things I know she would like include-

Funky colored nail polish and nail art

Interesting phone case

Headphones in a bright colour

Unusual foodie things like set of Japanese teas or flavoured mustards

Oxfam fair trade trinkets (you might find something with elephants on from there)

Unusual note book and pen combo (Paperchase?)

imsorryiasked Tue 10-Nov-15 16:30:26

If you search for "elephant scarf" there are loads, especially on amazon, starting at a couple of pounds upwards

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 10-Nov-15 16:32:39

Great ideas thank you.
I had actually seen a nice scarf with elephants on it but I thought if I liked it she might not we don't generally have the same tastes in clothes.

I had also seen a nice elephant print phone case

Silver elephant necklace

Elephant scarf a little over a tenner

BikeRunSki Tue 10-Nov-15 17:56:21

I always get initial mugs for Secret Santas. Always seems to go down well. M&s have nice ones. Sometimes I put a sachet of hot choc, marshmallows etc, depending on budget.

BikeRunSki Tue 10-Nov-15 17:58:18

Are you sure she really loves elephants? My sister "really loved zebras" when she was younger. 20 years later she's getting a bit fed up of them all over mugs, scarves, postcards, key rings....

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 10-Nov-15 18:41:41

Thank you some great ideas.

Bike I don't know she has spoke about them a few times and has some pictures of them in her office, mug with them on it etc but Your right she could be sick of elephant things but I don't have a clue of anything else she likes.

I hate secret Santa.

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 10-Nov-15 19:00:17

Thank you some great ideas.

Bike I don't know she has spoke about them a few times and has some pictures of them in her office, mug with them on it etc but Your right she could be sick of elephant things but I don't have a clue of anything else she likes.

I hate secret Santa.

jopickles Wed 11-Nov-15 12:11:13

I have just bought a lovely notepad and matching hand felted elephant bookmark for my daughters teacher what about something like that

FlapSnaps Wed 11-Nov-15 12:19:32

There's a lovely triad craft elephant spice rack - ethical and elephanty. Not sure how much it is though..

FlapSnaps Wed 11-Nov-15 12:30:48

So the spice rack is £28 but they also do these? Candles

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now