Talk

Advanced search

Imagine you are my BF-what would you like for Christmas?

(17 Posts)
FeeCorner Tue 10-Nov-15 14:44:41

Howwwwwevvvvver..you are very well off, don't like excess clutter, don't cook any more cos of 5;2 diet, well read but don't read often, don't go in for prosecco etc, have a botany degree and know EXACTLY what you like in the garden AND always buy me fabulous and extremely apt (not neccesarily costly) presents... ARGGGHHHHH help!! (already done the scarf thing- possibly twice )

ComeInBaldrick Tue 10-Nov-15 14:48:11

Tickets to something.

Popsmummy12 Wed 11-Nov-15 18:39:09

Cashmere jumper
Non Fiction Book
Wallet
Cuff links
Night in hotel
Experience like hot air ballooning
Wireless speaker for iPad/iPod music
Nice underwear
Painting
Football accessories if he supports particular team
Wine tasting experience

Donge13 Wed 11-Nov-15 18:41:14

Candle
Magazine subscription
Gift card

Haahooooo Wed 11-Nov-15 18:43:03

Depending on budget... Apple watch?

National geographic or economist subscription?

Lovelydiscusfish Wed 11-Nov-15 21:09:26

A lovely soft dressing gown.
Good leather gloves.
Gin.

iklboo Wed 11-Nov-15 21:10:37

We always get each other:

Something you want
Something you need
Something to wear
Something to read

FeeCorner Sat 14-Nov-15 15:00:02

Oooohhh Fab! couldn't log on for a few days a i have pants wifi and so am super excited now with all the suggestions....especially as I realised it is my friend's birthday too next week! Should have mentioned that she is well off but I am not! Does BF stand for partner of something? I thought it was best friend? However was struggling for husband too so liking popsmummy suggestions there! I am thinking the books for the friend...I like Kate Atkinson Jackson Brodie Case Histories book, and the gloves. Might keep the gin for me....

Lovelydiscusfish Sat 14-Nov-15 20:54:01

The Jackson Brodie books are wonderful - I have bought these for people in the past, and they have loved them like I do.
Same goes for gin!

NinjaPanda34 Sat 14-Nov-15 23:01:20

these?

Everydayaschoolday Sun 15-Nov-15 08:37:12

The clutter-free and well-off would combo would make me think nothing materialistic - just a treat to enjoy together. Tickets for us to do something together - spa day, theatre, afternoon tea (at Ritz or other grand hotel? - however noted diet, so might not be suitable), London weekend, murder mystery night etc. If s/he has children: family photo-shoot, theme park tickets, tickets for a day out with the kids (Warwick Castle, Harry Potter etc). Good luck OP.

LauraChant Sun 15-Nov-15 08:45:15

I guess BF could be boyfriend OP, but I did think best friend. I have a similar issue so hope there are some more suggestions!

OTheHugeManatee Sun 15-Nov-15 08:53:58

Have you ever got him a track day? DH is a nightmare to buy for but driving days trying out different supercars have been a great success.

You can also get silver cufflinks engraved with a monogram or secret message on the back.

OTheHugeManatee Sun 15-Nov-15 08:55:37

Oh, sorry, thought you meant boyfriend not best friend grin

OTheHugeManatee Sun 15-Nov-15 09:11:41

What's your budget, OP?

OlafLovesAnna Sun 15-Nov-15 11:58:36

White Company have lovely candles / home scents (and 20% off online today)

FeeCorner Thu 19-Nov-15 16:23:57

Budget for the BEST FRIEND :-) would be about £20-25 tops..as i say self employed with many presents yet to buy! I did get he husband a helicopter lesson last year reduced from £200 to £99 on Groupon...or was it Amazon Deals....one of those anyway....not sure yet what I will get the Boyfriend ;-)
PS what or who is OP??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now