Talk

Advanced search

Annabel v Born, what do you reckon?

(15 Posts)
Ledkr Mon 09-Nov-15 22:52:43

Dd 4 likes the ad for the weeing, crying baby born but the reviews are better for baby annabel who DOES NOt WEE!
But the baby born reviews say that it's hard to get it to wee or cry!
I'm lost now and don't know which one is best. Tiny tears got even worse reviews.
Have any of you got any of the above and like them?
Thanks

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Mon 09-Nov-15 22:55:30

None of them are great really but at least Baby Annabell is cuddly. Baby Born is hard plastic all over.

CocktailQueen Mon 09-Nov-15 22:59:44

I posted the same a week ago! Have gone for Annabel. We had a baby born years ago for dd and she wouldn't poo and weeing was hit or miss (baby born, not dd!) so will try the other one...

CFSsucks Mon 09-Nov-15 23:05:12

DD has Baby Annabel, the one that cries, is happy, burps etc. It's a lovely doll. Baby Born's face creeps me out and why is it a doctor? It's a baby!

Ledkr Mon 09-Nov-15 23:48:43

Yes I wondered that nor can babies ride scooters as far as i know.
Thanks for replies. She defo wants a weeing one, I might look at some own brand ones in toys are us!

Pico2 Mon 09-Nov-15 23:59:20

DD has a weeing one. It does wee. It gets everything wet. It comes with about 2 nappies and you can buy more for an extortionate price (or buy prem baby ones). It 'eats' some sort of powder mixed with water that you can buy. Ours must be starving as I haven't bought more since we got it. I imagine the inside is mouldy as it is hard to drain fully. If you squeeze its arm really hard it cries, much like a real baby.

I would get one that doesn't consume anything or leak.

girlywhirly Tue 10-Nov-15 10:31:50

An advantage of the larger annabell is that you can find tiny baby clothes cheaply in Tesco's sales. A wetting doll is often a temporary amusement, whereas the less complicated the doll, the more versatile it is as the child just applies their imagination.

CFSsucks Tue 10-Nov-15 12:21:48

My friend bought the weeing/eating one and said it's gone really manky inside.

I think Chad Valley do some cheap equivalents that do stuff.

PurpleThermalsNowItsWinter Tue 10-Nov-15 12:27:39

Baby annabel and her brother baby George. We also have the la newborn babies to go in the bath (dd likes giving them a bath and putting pre term baby clothes on them, some of which were her own).

BathshebaDarkstone Tue 10-Nov-15 12:29:09

I think they're both creepy, but that's just my opinion.

Blowninonabreeze Tue 10-Nov-15 12:43:42

If your budget will stretch to it, I think corolle do the nicest baby dolls.....
ink{http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006PDWCH0/ref=mpsa11?qid=1447159294&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=corolle+lila+cherie&dpPl=1&dpID=41vtKyUFEXL&ref=plSrch\www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006PDWCH0/ref=mpsa11?qid=1447159294&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=corolle+lila+cherie&dpPl=1&dpID=41vtKyUFEXL&ref=plSrc]]h}

Doesn't wee though!

ThatsNotEvenAWord Tue 10-Nov-15 12:51:21

OT but just glancing at my phone I thought this was from the baby names topic. Relieved!! grin

kiwidreamer Tue 10-Nov-15 12:54:29

avoid the wee'ing ones if you can, they go disgusting on the inside... like bath toys that squirt blerrrgh!

DD has Annabel and she cries, giggles, snores, burps and is generally really very sweet!

DD has said she'd like one for the bath so I'm going to get a cheapy doll for that cos from experience I can advise that its not overly clever to plonk any old hard bodied doll in the water --there were some very immodest poses needed to drain that poor doll--

kiwidreamer Tue 10-Nov-15 12:56:28

oh and DD's Annabel does take a bottle and cry tears but we never told her that part and just held firm that the bottle isn't for real water, just pretend, she soon forgot about it as Annabel is happy just to have the empty bottle in her mouth --which does cute little sucky motion that makes my uterus twitch ever so slightly--

myotherusernameisbetter Tue 10-Nov-15 19:12:44

Any good?:

www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Doug-Annie-Drink-Doll/dp/B004KPKWP4/ref=sr_1_51?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1447182682&sr=1-51&keywords=baby+doll

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: