Talk

Advanced search

First Christmas without my mum what to give my stepdad?

(5 Posts)
Enkopkaffetak Sun 08-Nov-15 22:26:41

My Step and my mother were together for 39 years and this is the first Christmas without my mother who passed away in May.

I have NO clue what to get him. He lives in Scandinavia (where I am from) and there for it cant be electronic or in English writing,

He is a hunter and that is about his hobby. He loves his family (aka us) so I will likely get him a calender or photo book of the children like mum always got and liked.

However as it is the first one without her I would like something that shows we do give a damn.. (and please no suggestions of a telescope he wont be alone my sister and niece will have him and my dad for Christmas)

y0rkier0se Sun 08-Nov-15 22:57:44

Sorry to hear about your mum. thanks
If he lives in a cold country and enjoys hunting what about a flask and warm hat with maybe a miniature Whisky/Coffee set?

Enkopkaffetak Sun 08-Nov-15 23:09:57

Flasks he has loads of but the hat is not a bad idea.. thank you

Avebury Sun 08-Nov-15 23:33:39

Photo book with lots of pictures of your mum? Do they have a 'Cook' equivalent you could buy vouchers for?

redcaryellowcar Mon 09-Nov-15 06:32:58

I know socks is often seen as a lame present but nice warm walking socks is always a treat for me because I'd probably not buy nice ones myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now