Talk

Advanced search

Struggling with ideas for 7 yr old girl

(35 Posts)
NutCrackerSlacker Sun 08-Nov-15 21:19:04

I've got her stocking sorted.

She is getting a Leap Pad Platinum for her main present, but I'd like 2 or 3 other (reasonably cheap) tree presents, but can't think what.

Any ideas?

Pippidoeswhatshewants Sun 08-Nov-15 21:20:22

What does she like? Girly? Mine craft? Toys? Books?

NutCrackerSlacker Sun 08-Nov-15 21:24:58

She is a tricky customer!

She is part princessy / part rough n tumble 'tomboy' grin. But mainly she likes anything she can 'make' or 'do'.

She loves books, arts and crafts, gymnastics, anything sporty/outdoorsy, anything she can 'do' or 'make'. But her birthday has just passed and she got a load of arty crafty stuff from friends at her party. Its too cold for the outdoorsy stuff she'd love (like a trampoline). I've already got her a few books.

Brain freeze! grin

Pippidoeswhatshewants Sun 08-Nov-15 22:02:42

Gawd, I've got a 'maker'... They are tough customers, especially when everything you can make requires adult input!

Dd loves her watercolour set and a mindfulness drawing book (animals! not fairies!!).
She loves baking and has some of her own baking utensils.
She is into Sylvanian families and Lego (real Lego, not friends).
She also has her eyes on a sparkly blue and velvet leotard for gymnastics.

NutCrackerSlacker Sun 08-Nov-15 22:08:05

She expressed an interest in Sylvanian families, actually...but she is bad at looking after small toys, so am loathe to spend money on stuff that is going to get lost under her bed within a week grin. Will explore that option, though.

She does like lego...not Friends grin. But her brother is an uber lego geek and I think his amazing competence at it has sadly put her off really pursuing it as a hobby.

Painting set definitely on the list now. She has had the same sorry paints for about 3 years.

Gymnastics leotard is a great shout! Thank you

ThreeLeggedCat Sun 08-Nov-15 22:11:12

My 7 year old girl wants a chocolate lolly maker. Would that be a possibility?

SpottyTheDogWink Sun 08-Nov-15 22:19:15

Mine wants a gym bar.

Even in the cold weather she can wrap up, go outside and spin herself round and round on it. Its also one less toy I have to make space for.

The other thing she loves is stationary, esp notebooks. The osbourne 'how to write a story' was a big hit.

wigglesrock Sun 08-Nov-15 22:43:19

My just turned 8 year old has just got two of the Wreck it Journal books - she loves them with a passion I can't really understand grin. They mightn't be a big enough present but there's different ones that you can get or you can add them to other stationery.

1122christy Sun 08-Nov-15 23:20:14

My 5yr old daughter and 7yr old niece are getting -

Little live pets

Minecraft papercraft

Glow pad -http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Y3K4PAO?keywords=Glow%20pad&qid=1447024646&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

Tamagotchi

daisydalrymple Sun 08-Nov-15 23:31:38

Light up globe
Binoculars
Lava lamp
Roller skates
Brainbox game - fairies or a different theme
One of the themed monopoly games

oobedobe Mon 09-Nov-15 00:17:17

My 7 yo DD1, got a crayola paint maker set for her birthday, it was the type of thing I avoid (looks a bit rubbish), but she really loved it and has done lots of nice painting since getting it.

She also got a plush craft, no sew cushion thing, and had a happy afternoon doing that recently.

For Christmas she is getting a Leapfrog Epic tablet as her main gift, but I have also got her:

A new gelarti set (glow in the dark) and some other craft bits
Lego Frozen castle
Some science/animal encyclopedia books

NameNumber2 Mon 09-Nov-15 00:38:01

Aquarellum junior sets
Air dry clay modelling set
Back pack
Ronald Dahl collection
Camera
Blow pens
Hama beads
First knitting kit
How to draw books

Nearlyadoctor Mon 09-Nov-15 07:04:31

Orb Factory mosaics have always been a hit with DD (8.5), loads of different designs to choose and no mess.

yumyumpoppycat Mon 09-Nov-15 11:58:54

what about this - £25 lego elves

I am considering 3d art stuff if it goes down in price for my 8 yo. 3d art . I also bough her this from the entertainer in store for £5 wooden weaving set

Roller skates last year were my dds favourite gift, she is also obssessed with interactive 'pets' and furbys are often v cheap on amazon sometimes less than £20.

yumyumpoppycat Mon 09-Nov-15 11:59:58

yes also to stationary and particularly to rubbers in the shape of animals or food confused

yumyumpoppycat Mon 09-Nov-15 12:02:46

A nice present might also be cookie cutters, icing pens from supermarket , an apron and a childrens baking book in a pretty biscuit tin.

evenoldergregg Mon 09-Nov-15 12:05:56

This giant construction kit looks amazing and has fabulous reviews.
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OBC68N6?keywords=strawtastic&qid=1447070592&ref_=sr_1_1&s=kids&sr=1-1

Quills Mon 09-Nov-15 13:01:27

My 7 year old is yearning for Aquabeads and Kinetic Sand. Great shout from a PP on the leotard, DD1 loves twirling about with her gymnastics ribbon.

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Mon 09-Nov-15 13:13:07

What about a couple of cheap t shirts and some paints and embellishments for her to customise with

SpottyTheDogWink Mon 09-Nov-15 14:06:23

Aquabeads a big hit here and her lolo ball.

Also any Enid Blyton and Ronald Dahl books

Yorkshiremummyof4 Mon 09-Nov-15 14:06:24

My girls are either side, but they've requested gym bars for outside,trampoline, build a bear stuff, look at crafty crocodile website and maybe put a craft basket together as they have lots of fab individual things, including wooden things, beads, and fabric things to paint. Lego friends is a hit in our house, as is the disney princess lego.

LimboNovember Mon 09-Nov-15 14:18:47

yumy

That 3d art sets looks AMAZING!!

def going on dd list for next year!!

Last years hit was a blow up sit on toy its red and looks like a horse and you hold ears and boucne on them.

Diary.

Djeco craft sets, beautiful and soo many to choose from, I got the animal glitter boards last year and she adored them, and the orgiami japenese ladies as well to make.

Nerf guns/sets....

Lego CREATOR.

Books: I think the Ottoline series or Goth Girl are esp special for xmas..

DD 8 just got into play doh, so getting the cupcke mountain set

AND paitning by numbers, I have to do it with her, but its lovely to do together and such sense of satisfaction when done.

NutCrackerSlacker Mon 09-Nov-15 14:20:07

LOADS of good ideas, here. Thank you so, so much!

LimboNovember Mon 09-Nov-15 14:20:27

whats a gym bar?

franksidebottom Mon 09-Nov-15 14:37:00

I have a just turned 8 year old
Cool card set
Password journal
Chocolate moulds To make her own chocolate shapes
Bouncy hopper
Board games?
Sequin art
Make your own cards sets

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now