Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Your biggest/most unusual impulse buys. And have they worked out well?

(6 Posts)
SolitudeSometimesIs Sun 08-Nov-15 11:50:34

Christmas is my favourite time of the year and since having kids I have always tried to make it magical and exciting for them. DS1 decided what he wanted from Santa in August and DS2 is only 1 so is less bothered.

I have all of their Santa presents bought and was just picking out some stocking fillers when I saw a 10 foot trampoline in Argos for less than half price and I bought it. They haven't asked for it but they will love it and we would never have been able to afford one full price.

So can anyone top a 10 foot trampoline as a stocking filler?

MaryPoppinsPenguins Sun 08-Nov-15 12:28:04

I twitched on Christmas Eve and bought a barbie dream house... It's been played with every single day for two years.

SolitudeSometimesIs Sun 08-Nov-15 13:28:39

I always wanted a barbie dream house when I was little - so slightly jealous. That's great that it worked out. I'm hoping my Ds's love the trampoline. I also remembered I bought my parents a holiday once as well, that was good too.

SideOrderofChips Sun 08-Nov-15 14:58:47

DH got the twitch one year. We went to town on Christmas eve. Had everything for DD1 (she was our only child at that point)

We came home with a lego fire station for her.

99percentchocolate Tue 10-Nov-15 16:45:29

I got the twitch in Asda a couple of years ago when I saw their small dolls house including dolls and furniture reduced to £10. She played with it every day until we replaced it with the bigger version last year. Still plays with that, so definitely a hit!

SolitudeSometimesIs Wed 11-Nov-15 15:46:51

That's a bargain 99, I have sons but I think DS2 would love a dolls house, he loves to organise and play with figures (he adores Play Mobil so thinking of getting the Play Mobil one).

Did your daughter enjoy the lego fore station Side?

I've also been looking up those toy animals that look and act like real animals but I don't know if they're rubbish. Any idea? I have to buy the kids presents from family members who send cash, so plenty of things to get yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now