Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have no idea what to get for ds1

(7 Posts)
MummyPig24 Sun 08-Nov-15 07:44:15

He is 8, very sporty but he just had his birthday. He has many footballs and kits, a suitable Bike and scooter. He does read, and reads well, but doesn't enjoy it although I always encourage it. He got a CD player for his birthday and enjoys listening to audiobooks. I have plenty of ideas for little stocking fillers but it's the main present I can't think of.

Dd (5) and ds2 (20mths) are getting scooters as dd has grown out of her mini micro and its knackered, but as I said ds1 has a great scooter already.

What is Lego Dimensions like? I don't encourage much playing on games consoles so I don't know if it's a good idea. He might want to play on it far more than he would be allowed which would cause conflict.

He says he wants an iPad mini but there is no way he is having one. We already have a family iPad, plus the expense! I just can't think of a suitable, exciting present from us. Please help!

d270r0 Sun 08-Nov-15 07:56:14

A camera?

MTWTFSS Sun 08-Nov-15 08:03:44

iPod Touch?

WeeWeegieWummin Sun 08-Nov-15 08:24:20

My son is mad about football and has asked for a football flick urban. He watches people training with them on you tube.

babsmam Sun 08-Nov-15 08:26:55

Scoot ramps, try toys r us
Football goal
Basketball hoop

PennyPants Sun 08-Nov-15 08:34:03

Wii mini or Wii u depending on budget.
Or if you have room indoors- table football, pool table, table tennis. Our son had a multi sport table which got played with loads.
Or skate board or roller skates.

MummyPig24 Sun 08-Nov-15 10:57:57

He's going to sound really spoilt here but this is all stuff he's been given for previous birthdays or Christmas by our huge family.

He has a skateboard and a ramp and a goal. He has dh's old camera. I was thinking a basketball hoop and ball. He would love that. I will look at football flick urban. Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now