Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Eve Hampers for Teenage Girls

(31 Posts)
ShabbyNat Sat 07-Nov-15 23:53:44

I would love to make a Christmas eve hamper/box for my 2 DD`s, ages 15 & 16.
I don`t want them to be big, just a token hamper/box.
So far, I`ve thought of new pyjama`s & some nice shower gel of a bath bomb
I would like to add 1 or 2 more things, that would go along the relaxing/pampering theme, that would be quite cheapblush
It`s the first year that I`ve thought of doing this for them!!
Any idea`s??

M4blues Sat 07-Nov-15 23:59:56

Tesco have some really lovely, really soft throws in their home wear department. They are £15 each but look more expensive and are tied with a ribbon. Perfect for a teenage girl to wrap around herself whilst reading in bed or doing HW. Our tesco has them in beige, choc brown, orange, black and a lovely Christmassy red. I was originally going to buy the one in John Lewis at £25 but when I compared the feel of both, the Tesco much was much cosier.

You could also add one of those hot choc mugs or the choc spoons from Lakeland for stirring her own hot choc.

ShabbyNat Sun 08-Nov-15 00:10:53

Thank you M4blues
I was thinking of a hot chock drink to put in there toosanta
We`re ok for snuggly blankets & onesies though, my girls do like to snuggle everywheregringrin

recklessgran Sun 08-Nov-15 00:13:09

One of these?
www.whittard.co.uk/hot-chocolate/hot-chocolate-gift/milk-chocolate-spoon-with-marshmallows.htm
Cheap and cheerful and teenagers love them!

frazzled74 Sun 08-Nov-15 00:15:03

Lush Christmas Eve/snow bath bomb, hot chocolate, microwave popcorn, dvd and some reindeer food !

frazzled74 Sun 08-Nov-15 00:16:20

Face mask and a pedicure kit/ nail varnish?

ShabbyNat Sun 08-Nov-15 00:55:01

OOOhhh, recklessgran they look goodgrin
frazzled74 I need to go to Lush for other peoples stocking fillers toogrin
The small hampers are filling up nicelysantasanta

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 08-Nov-15 08:45:14

My DD is 13, so our CEH for her:

PJs (usually Primark)
A Zen colouring book (nice pictures not tat)
Set of good pens (that she can use at home/school. Staedler or similar)
Puzzle book
Lush teddy bath bomb
Jar of sweets (Christmas Tradition fgrin. DS doesn't really eat chocolate , he likes his jar)

Tip: if you but Lush, either leave it outside the box or wrapped it really well. You know how you can smell a Lush shop from 50yds ?
The whole CEH will smell Lush~ey , nice for PJ, less nice for chocolate

Pixi2 Sun 08-Nov-15 08:57:17

Sparkly nail polish and those £1 toe separators?
New combs/hairbrushes + shampoo & conditioner miniatures? (In fact, body lotion miniatures too?)
A book token or a magazine?
A couple of flannels and a facial wash and mask?

ChristmasZombie Sun 08-Nov-15 09:02:56

A sachet or tube of face mask, some nice body cream (I like the Body Shop body butters), new knickers? Slipper socks, one of those mini manicure kits and some polish. Biscuits? Millie's Cookies were all the rage when I was a teen...are they still popular?

ShabbyNat Sun 08-Nov-15 10:13:58

Oh dear, all these good idea`sgrin
I think some of them will be left out of the Christmas Eve hamper & put in their stockingsgringrinsanta

swooosh Sun 08-Nov-15 10:21:48

Personalised jars of Nutella? I bought labels off ebay for cheap that will just stick onto the jars.

Clueing4looks Sun 08-Nov-15 10:59:14

I've bought a Christmassy duvet cover each off of amazon, beanboozled game, DVD, pjs, posh hot chocolate, smellies/squirty foam soap and slippers.

VoldemortsNipple Sun 08-Nov-15 11:11:06

I have 3 teenagers and usually make one big Christmas Eve hamper. I save one of the Amazon boxes and wrap it up with everything inside. I put a gift tag on saying open Christmas Eve at 5pm and put it under the tree in the morning. We have,
Pjs
Lush for DD and ds2
Lynx shower gel for ds1
Slipper socks
Tin of sweets
Microwave popcorn and popcorn tubs
A dvd if there is something new out otherwise we watch a film on sky Christmas
Reindeer food (because I want them to still believe)
Last year we had personalised Coke bottles. This year it will just be Coke or I might put something slightly alcoholic

I don't put hot chocolate in the hamper because I set up a hot chocolate bar with different sachets of hot chocolate, marshmallows, honeycomb and fudge sprinkles, fresh squirty cream and those chocolate wafer stirrers

ShabbyNat Sun 08-Nov-15 20:57:40

All these idea`s are great!!
I need more money nowgrin

smellylittleorange Sun 08-Nov-15 22:54:32

What about a nice glass baubles each ..start a tradition for their own trees. ?

MARGUERITE18 Sun 08-Nov-15 23:51:11

Magazine, Disney Store Stuffed Animal, Lush Bath bomb, This works sleep spray, Batch Flower remedy sleep remedy, Lavender room spray, Sleep Mask, Slipper Socks, PJ's, Blanket, Dressing Gown, Pillow Pet, Chai latte mix as an alternative to hot choc powder, Selection boxes, American candy, Poptarts, Nutella, Granola, Pain au chocolat, Lucky charms cereal etc for breakfast the next day smile, Christmas movie on DVD, Itunes gift card, just eat voucher or dolminoes for takeaway!

ShabbyNat Mon 09-Nov-15 20:38:28

smellylittleorange That`s a very good idea, I think they are of the right age nowsanta
In fact, for the last year or two me & eldest DD have been making our own tree decorationssmilesmile

fluffysox15 Mon 09-Nov-15 20:46:09

We usually add dvd, popcorn and hot chocolate mug along with what you have smile

fluffysox15 Mon 09-Nov-15 20:51:10

Oh and we have new socks, Christmas bath foam. Usually some form of baking kit. I have a giant red velvet santa sack I put it all in smile

I try not to put any gifts in or go too mad as I have in previous years but less is more with hampers!

smellylittleorange Mon 09-Nov-15 21:40:59

you can find every type of bauble in the world at Kathe Wohlfahrt but delivery is expensive...if you know someone going to Germany or Bruges for Christmas Market they could bring you one back ??

ShabbyNat Fri 13-Nov-15 17:18:31

I am now looking for a White Hot Choc Drink to put in the CEH
Whittards have sold out
Any other ideas??

Icklepickle101 Fri 13-Nov-15 17:35:39

One of the hot chocolate spoon things? They make the best hot chocolate!!

Icklepickle101 Fri 13-Nov-15 17:37:25

Lidl sell them for about £2 if you did want them!

Leeds2 Fri 13-Nov-15 18:03:24

I have bought white hot chocolate at our local garden centre, Shabby. Might be worth trying yours.

Is anyone able to recommend a Sleep Mask? I have never come across one before, apart from a freebie on a plane and that definitely wasn't decent quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now