Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for my dad, I'm really struggling

(8 Posts)
sky1010 Sat 07-Nov-15 17:41:57

My dad is in his early forties. Every year, he ends up with nice socks, port and chocolate brazils. I want to buy him something decent around the £40 mark.

He already has a lovely pricey wallet which my mum got him his birthday just passed and I have bought him a Spicery subscription (ta christmas bargains thread).

He is learning Spanish but I can't find anything that I can make a present out of. Also, he has just started running a new business, so I don't know if I can get him something he can use at work like a document file or something?

Does anyone have ideas?

milkmilklemonade12 Sat 07-Nov-15 17:58:50

Nothing like your Dad but I bought my dad a sock subscription (new pair every month, it's the only way he gets socks as he is single!), a nice warm dressing gown from JL, a hotel chocolat slab and a book token.

thunderbird69 Sat 07-Nov-15 21:12:25

Clothes - jumper or a hoody?

You could get him a Spanish film on DVD. If he like zombies have a look for Juan of the Dead

bookbook Sat 07-Nov-15 21:15:29

Nice pen with engraved name
Swiss army penknife

Asteria36 Sat 07-Nov-15 21:29:39

Mine usually gets a good bottle of single malt whisky, any vaguely horse/car racing related auto/biography, the occasional framed photograph of DS, cigars, tickets to concerts (he is obsessed with Jools Holland). We try and vary it as for years the poor sod was given socks and ties! Yawn!

SecretBondGirl Sat 07-Nov-15 21:30:49

A wine or whiskey/gin tasting session
A ride in a speed boat a la James Bond
Abseiling down a tall building
A parachute jump or hot air balloon ride

toddlerwrangling Sat 07-Nov-15 22:41:06

Speciality gin is a real thing at the moment. A set of gin tasting bottles and some expensive tonic water?

BigGapMum Sat 07-Nov-15 22:47:19

Beerbods subscription.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now