Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

genuinely teeny tiny stocking fillers for very small stockings.

(35 Posts)
JimmyGreavesMoustache Fri 06-Nov-15 20:11:54

my dds have small stockings, and they don't want new ones
most of the things I see listed as stocking fillers are cheap, but bulky. I'm after genuinely wee things that I can put in.

so far have thought of lip balm, and hair slides. what else would work for girls of 8 and 5?

AuditAngel Fri 06-Nov-15 20:14:49

Do they have pierced ears? I have some cheap earrings from Claire's that are in small boxes. We always do toothbrush and toothpaste, plus some sweets. Book token or iTunes?

Fluffy24 Fri 06-Nov-15 20:16:52

I used to get card games (eg donkey etc), a slinky, pens/pencils/box of chalk, craft things (eg pipe cleaners) chocolate coins, individual tubs of play doh (or are those to big?)

weeonion Fri 06-Nov-15 20:17:51

Depends what they are into. Dd1 loves magic, spells etc. I have got her minature fairy keys, tiny spell bottles and some key rings?

winchester1 Fri 06-Nov-15 20:21:55

I'm doing own socks stockings (so very little) so far I have a bracket, lip balm, nail varnish, chocs and grapes, toy/decorative watch, as my ideas that may be suitable for your kids ages.

TheSpottedZebra Fri 06-Nov-15 20:24:54

Expandable flannels always seem to be welcomed by my kids.
A traditional walnut/brazil nut? A coin?
Do they like lego, or similar small toy thing - you could get a mini fig?
You can probably squeeze in a new toothbrush?
Travel sized toiletries?

RainbowRoses Fri 06-Nov-15 20:25:01

Mini teddy bear
Mini note books
Mini pack of pencil crayons
Ring
Bracelet
Mini pack of sweets
Travel toothbrush
Travel toothpaste

WowOoo Fri 06-Nov-15 20:28:48

Would they like semi precious stones/ rocks?

I bought my sons some fossils, fools gold (I love it), bismuth and other things that I can't remember the names of. I put them in a small 'treasure' box. My youngest still loves his and has decided one is his 'lucky' stone from Mexico..It's beautiful. Educational too if you like geology...

PogoBob Fri 06-Nov-15 21:33:57

shopkins, lalaloopsy tinies etc. there are a who;e range of different mini collectable things that you can buy individually or in small packs depending on the type of thing that may appeal to them

Haggisfish Fri 06-Nov-15 21:35:13

Fart whistle.

JimmyGreavesMoustache Fri 06-Nov-15 21:43:07

these are all great ideas, but WE NEED A FART WHISTLE NOW

Haggisfish Fri 06-Nov-15 21:51:34

www.amazon.co.uk/Stocking-Fillers-Fart-Whistle/dp/B002C75ZMW
Disclaimer-I have bought these but have not blown it yet!!

Sinkingfeeling Fri 06-Nov-15 21:55:19

Real money? A pound coin and a few silvers? My dds love that, mixed in with the chocolate coins. smile

HerdOfRhino Sat 07-Nov-15 00:17:02

Badges
Novelty Rubbers

mathanxiety Sat 07-Nov-15 00:23:07

Mine all have teeny weeny little stockings (under five inches high) and even though they are much older now than when they first got them they still get chocolate coins in them, plus German choc Santa figures and a toblerone. I don't bother with little trinkets. That is for the Easter Bunny (always nail polish for the DDs and more choc for DS).

HerdOfRhino Sat 07-Nov-15 01:00:09

Worry Dolls
-
Novelty Paperclips - Poundland sell these (2 sets for £1 - each set contains 10 paperclips on a piece of card...but you could remove the packaging to save room). They had ones shaped like fish, ducks and apples.

Teeny tiny set of Russian Dolls. I am not sure where you would get these but I love Russian Dolls, and have been given these as gifts before.

Sylvanian Families. I know these are expensive but if you look in charity shops or Ebay you might spot a bargain.

Those little walnut toys, with a little beetle that moves about when you open the lid.

Decorative paper fan. They are small when folded.

These snap things www.google.co.uk/search?q=snap+caps+what+are+they+you+throw+kids&client=tablet-android-samsung&biw=600&bih=352&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIw9zD8of9yAIVi3IUCh2qmAw2#tbm=isch&q=snap+caps++you+throw+kids&imgrc=97Jye-AvV_8zGM%3A][santahttps://www.google.co.uk/search?q=snap+caps+what+are+they+you+throw+kids&client=tablet-android-samsung&biw=600&bih=352&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIw9zD8of9yAIVi3IUCh2qmAw2#tbm=isch&q=snap+caps++you+throw+kids&imgrc=97Jye-AvV_8zGM%3A

Snap bracelets? Can you still get them?

Fold-up hairbrush
Novelty pack of Tissues
Bouncy Ball
Mini Pocket Kite - Have seen these in Home Bargains
Mini Yoyo
Those pens which have about 10 different colours, and you click the colour down that you want. I have seen these cheap in Home Bargains too.

Melody Pops Whistle Lolly

Tiger stores sell four mini lollies for £1 actually, and these sweet rings, that were a popular sweet in the 80s/90s - Popular with younger HerdOfRhino anyway! - They sell them 2 for a £1.
Tiger also sell mini spice jars (empty) - 2 for £1. Perhaps you could fill them with sweets.
Finger Puppets
Fake Tatoos
Hot Chocolate Sachets
B & M sell nice lip balms
Little packets of popcorn to go in the microwave.

I could have fun with this challenge! grin

HerdOfRhino Sat 07-Nov-15 01:14:46

I hope my link works for you. I had to refresh the page to get it to work.

Just in case it doesn't work, I am not entirely sure what they are, but they're these little snappy things kids throw on the pavement and they make a bang...That's a shit description, but I am sleepy!

Pobspits Sat 07-Nov-15 01:18:48

My dc have bigger stockings annoyingly but some things from dd's which might fit... (She's 5)

A set of skeleton keys
Fossil
Crystals
Purse
Hair stuff
New tangle teaser
A little doll - are they called moxie dolls?
Whoopee cushion
Popping candy
Fairy garden ornaments
Little teeny bottles of fairy dust
Balloons
A twirly rhythmic gymnastic ribbon
Shoelaces you don't need to tie
Stick on earrings

Pobspits Sat 07-Nov-15 01:22:14

Just to echo herdofrhino my kids love paper fans, melody pops, worry dolls and fun snaps which I think is what the link is to ??

catsofa Sat 07-Nov-15 02:18:43

Ooh this is also useful for my reusable advent calendars (though I need tiny stuff for adults, see my recent thread)!

Stickers (reflective ones are useful in winter)
Novelty pencil sharpener
Post it notes
Electroluminescent wire (from eBay)
Earphones
Flash drive
£2 coin
Fimo (transparent or glitter ones are good)
Torch
Loom bands
Mini bubbles
Hair scrunchies
Erasers
Mini spirograph (currently in Wilkinsons)
French knitting
Dice
Chalk
Finger lights
Lego figures

JimmyGreavesMoustache Sat 07-Nov-15 09:37:45

thanks again for all these excellent ideas

you might even prompt me finally to pull my finger out and start my christmas shopping

not today though grin.

HerdOfRhino Sat 07-Nov-15 10:45:23

Yeah, that's what I meant pobspits!

Lovelydiscusfish Sat 07-Nov-15 14:37:01

Blind bag My Little Ponies!
Moshi monsters.
Dolls' house accessories
Fun stationary like novelty rubbers, pencil sharpener, paper clips or post-it's. Wilkos has a load of fun stuff of this sort. (You can see I find it fun, anyway, by my overuse of the word).

I saw this on Pinterest which I think would be the cutest thing ever for young girls! With a tiny fairy necklace inside maybe?

HortonWho Sat 07-Nov-15 16:12:22

If anyone has a Secret Santa challenge of creative gifts for a pound, I saw this Snowman poop on pininterest.

Would also be funny for a parent with Frozen-mad kids and you stuck a picture of Olaf on front... May just do that for DH... Our kids will think it's hilarious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now