Talk

Advanced search

is this gift a bit poo?

(9 Posts)
MrsDeathOfRats Thu 05-Nov-15 19:36:48

My mum goes on these national trust holidays.
Where they go and rebuild dry stone walls, or redo pathways or other stuff like that.
For this she has good quality gear: boots, coat etc.

True to my practical nature I bought a Nikwax protection set for her fairly new regatta coat. I know it will be super useful to her, and that she will definitely appreciate it.
But is it a bit of a rubbish present?

I have for her sown thing else as well and always do a homemade food element to gifts so it's just the nikwax!

Chottie Thu 05-Nov-15 19:38:06

no, I would say it is a good idea, every time she uses it, she will think of you smile

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Thu 05-Nov-15 19:39:28

That and she sounds like a practical woman.

SitsOnFence Thu 05-Nov-15 19:44:40

I would love that sort of present!

Cel982 Thu 05-Nov-15 19:47:18

I asked my husband for a pair of wellies for Christmas. I can't wait. Sounds like an ideal gift for your mum, OP.

FrozenPonds Thu 05-Nov-15 19:51:36

It's a handy kind of thing, and I'd love it!

To dress it up a bit, hit the 'preppers' topic, loads of outdoorsy/survival stuff that would make great gifts.

I'd like a spirit stove. £15, I'd almost certainly never use it, but so pretty fgrin.

cranberryx Thu 05-Nov-15 20:01:01

I think it sounds lovely!

Nothing worse than cheap gift sets of brands that people don't use or novelty gifts.

Yours is thoughtful and practical! smile

R0nJ0n Thu 05-Nov-15 20:10:50

It's something you know she'll use, for me that's the best kind of gift. I always feel really uncomfortable when I'm given things I neither want nor need, I'd rather have something practical like that any day.

MrsDeathOfRats Thu 05-Nov-15 21:02:50

Oh good! Thank you!

I know she will love it but I just feel like it's a bit of boring sort of gift... So just wanted to double check have been criticised for being TOO practical in the past

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: