loader

Talk

Advanced search

The Mulberry Advert

(9 Posts)
SilverHoney Thu 05-Nov-15 19:28:02

Have you seen it?

https://m.youtube.com/user/Mulberry?noapp=1

It was shown before a YouTube video I was watching. My first thought was WTF? as I've never known Muberry do this type of advert. However by the end I loved it. Very clever.

Now if only there was one under my tree come Christmas morning...

Stillunexpected Thu 05-Nov-15 19:55:08

Hated it. It took the actual meaning of Christmas and turned it into a story about a handbag.

SilverHoney Thu 05-Nov-15 21:04:54

Saw lots of comments agreeing with you. Literately replacing Jesus with a materialistic item.

However, for me his line of "it's only a bag" made it tongue in cheek enough to be funny.

Kuriusoranj Thu 05-Nov-15 22:51:44

I thought it was funny and clever - not overdone. I still think they're beautiful but overpriced, so it's not made me buy one, but it has made me feel better about the company.

I can't judge others' right to be offended, but I would say that there is no one 'actual meaning' of Christmas in the early 21st century.

Zorion Fri 06-Nov-15 09:58:17

I liked it, I thought I was going to hate it based on the description but it was amusing.

augustusglupe Fri 06-Nov-15 11:37:19

It's last years I think.
I loved it!! Very true...shallow yes, but reminded me... of ME!! wink

augustusglupe Fri 06-Nov-15 11:39:56

Oh no it's this years, like it, not as much as last years though

MTWTFSS Fri 06-Nov-15 19:57:51

Last years was so much better!

ja9r Fri 06-Nov-15 21:31:08

I'm not sure what I make if it... Thought it was clever. And funny. And challenged me as to what I actually 'worship' in life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now