Talk

Advanced search

The Mulberry Advert

(9 Posts)
SilverHoney Thu 05-Nov-15 19:28:02

Have you seen it?

https://m.youtube.com/user/Mulberry?noapp=1

It was shown before a YouTube video I was watching. My first thought was WTF? as I've never known Muberry do this type of advert. However by the end I loved it. Very clever.

Now if only there was one under my tree come Christmas morning...

Stillunexpected Thu 05-Nov-15 19:55:08

Hated it. It took the actual meaning of Christmas and turned it into a story about a handbag.

SilverHoney Thu 05-Nov-15 21:04:54

Saw lots of comments agreeing with you. Literately replacing Jesus with a materialistic item.

However, for me his line of "it's only a bag" made it tongue in cheek enough to be funny.

Kuriusoranj Thu 05-Nov-15 22:51:44

I thought it was funny and clever - not overdone. I still think they're beautiful but overpriced, so it's not made me buy one, but it has made me feel better about the company.

I can't judge others' right to be offended, but I would say that there is no one 'actual meaning' of Christmas in the early 21st century.

Zorion Fri 06-Nov-15 09:58:17

I liked it, I thought I was going to hate it based on the description but it was amusing.

augustusglupe Fri 06-Nov-15 11:37:19

It's last years I think.
I loved it!! Very true...shallow yes, but reminded me... of ME!! wink

augustusglupe Fri 06-Nov-15 11:39:56

Oh no it's this years, like it, not as much as last years though

MTWTFSS Fri 06-Nov-15 19:57:51

Last years was so much better!

ja9r Fri 06-Nov-15 21:31:08

I'm not sure what I make if it... Thought it was clever. And funny. And challenged me as to what I actually 'worship' in life.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: