Talk

Advanced search

Just did about 80% of my Xmas shopping in 2 hours!

(17 Posts)
BasinHaircut Thu 05-Nov-15 14:38:19

Got a rare day off whilst DS is at nursery, so I thought fuck it, and went to the local retail park.

God I feel good.

snickers251 Thu 05-Nov-15 14:45:09

Gosh that's good going. I'm 80 % done but I started in September!

glenthebattleostrich Thu 05-Nov-15 14:57:37

Well done.

I hate RL shopping, had to today and it was horrible!

2 things left to buy and I have to go to an actual shop for them sad

BasinHaircut Thu 05-Nov-15 15:03:05

I'm stuck now though as I have 3 80+ women to buy for and I'm officially out of ideas. Last few years have been plants, gloves, scarves, perfume, books, trips out for afternoon tea and I have no idea what else there is!

PeterParkerSays Thu 05-Nov-15 15:24:35

magazine subscription
DVD for "nice" film - room with a view, magnolia hotel etc.
DAB radio
theatre vouchers
cinema vouchers if you have a decent independent cinema near you
slippers shoot me now
Nice photo frame with photo of extended family
Day trip to area they used to live in / have an association with

BasinHaircut Thu 05-Nov-15 17:30:43

Thanks Peter. Magazine subscription is a good idea for one of them, and family photo I'm already toying with for one, it's just the other one really. She has everything she needs and doesn't like clutter, already has too many photos of us!

ClaireSW32 Thu 05-Nov-15 18:49:45

I've done the same today, feels very satisfying going to wrap it later. Love Xmas shopping!

HortonWho Thu 05-Nov-15 18:56:11

Basin, do they have gardens/patios? I found our relatives that age couldnt really do anymore gardening, but still loved watching birds in their gardens. Past gifts included books on local birds, bird feeders, binoculars, etc. - all had been well received, especially as the birds flocked to the feeders in the winter.

glenthebattleostrich Thu 05-Nov-15 19:00:51

A nice diary
calendar
experience day

You could always book a spa day!!!!

BasinHaircut Thu 05-Nov-15 19:55:13

Horton bird feeder is a great idea! Thank you!

NeverNic Thu 05-Nov-15 20:02:41

I buy clothes from M&S for Ohs gm. Usually a nice knitted top or cardi, or maybe a nightie or a dressing gown and include a gift receipt. I got a lovely pinkish cardi with pearl buttons this year from there. If she doesn't like it then she can take it back and get something else! Previous years I've got her mugs / tea pots / tea cups with tea or coffee and nice biscuits. I've also bought knitting patterns, buttons and wool and one year a nice knitting bag to tidy everything away. All seem to have been positively received.

throwingpebbles Thu 05-Nov-15 20:08:29

Hampers of nice food?
A subscription for monthly flowers?
The bird feeder is a great idea! I love watching the birds feed on mine, so glad someone gave me one!

TooShyShyHushHush Thu 05-Nov-15 20:20:58

I got my housebound grandfather this window bird feeder set from the RSPB and it was great. He stuck it next to 'his' window.

dodobookends Thu 05-Nov-15 20:28:39

80+ types quite like your amaryllis-in-a-pot growing kits.

NicoleWatterson Thu 05-Nov-15 20:31:52

Cake subscription

Senpai Fri 06-Nov-15 04:05:42

I'm about 35% done. I'm getting stocking stuffers bit by bit and then buying large gifts when I finish wrapping up some projects and have the spare cash needed.

Icklepickle101 Fri 06-Nov-15 10:05:03

Amazon do very sweet teapot & tea cup bird feeders, I have purchased some for the older ladies I need to buy for.

Search fallen fruits teapot bird feeder smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now