Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to buy DH who has little free time?

(11 Posts)
ifonly4 Thu 05-Nov-15 10:48:45

Help - can anyone give me any ideas what to buy DH who hardly has any time. He works full time and studies every night for a course. He only has an hour to relax just before bed and Sunday afternoons (which he usually uses to do jobs around house or spend with family).

He says he doesn't need any clothes (I tend to agree with him here). Also, he's been health conscious over last year or so, so although I can buy something sweet, I wouldn't buy loads of things.

So far I've got him some toiletries as stocking fillers. He's seen a non fiction book he likes (£30!) but said there's no point in buying it as he won't have time to look at.

MTWTFSS Thu 05-Nov-15 11:07:30

Does he have a watch?

PittacusLore Thu 05-Nov-15 11:12:17

I got ds an wet/dry electric shaver/beard trimmer for his birthday and I'm getting him a coffee machine for Christmas, though still not decided which one.

Purplehonesty Thu 05-Nov-15 11:55:38

A tablet or laptop? We are getting a new laptop for each other (to share) as ours is ancient and very slow and we don't need anything else!

magnummum Thu 05-Nov-15 11:59:43

Audio books for journey to and from work - my DH has no inclination to read in his limited spare time but has really taken to Audio book CDs for his hour long commute. Not the most exciting idea but went down well here.

LittleMissGreen Thu 05-Nov-15 12:18:53

I'm studying, I love it when people buy me text books for my course that aren't 100% necessary (ie I haven't bought them) but are useful as extra reading. I was also given a kindle last year which I was surprised how many of the books I need are available on, which is great as I can highlight lines in the text book and it sends them over to the computer ready to use in essays.
In the past one of DHs favourite presents was a coffee pod machine.

Wagglebees Fri 06-Nov-15 02:42:42

The aeropress is very popular with people who love coffee. This one comes with free coffee and they grind the coffee fresh. yorkcoffeeemporium.co.uk/aeropress.html?fee=1&fep=235&gclid=CJrF6o3i-sgCFUEaGwodpiwNnQ
I've had stuff from them and been very happy. A caffeine boost could come in handy when he's so busy. smile Although, not sure if it fits with the health consciousness.

Wagglebees Fri 06-Nov-15 02:43:43

Magnum I love the audio book idea, perfect for my DH, thank you. santa

Lottie4 Fri 06-Nov-15 15:09:04

I know you're trying to avoid too much sweet stuff, but does he have a favourite alcoholic drink or something he likes to eat, that way we could enjoy them when he does get to sit down at the end of the day. Maybe a fun pen for making notes. We don't go out much and my DH enjoys us being able to have a £10 meal deal, so you could give him a voucher for you both to enjoy that together one evening - it'll save the time going out somewhere.

attheendoftheday Fri 06-Nov-15 16:04:29

Coffee machine like a tassimo?

Electric toothbrush?

Does he by any chance have a beard? I've had some success with nice beard oils for my dp.

MackerelOfFact Fri 06-Nov-15 16:26:07

Would he maybe like a Fitbit fitness tracker? They start from about £50 for a basic one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now