Talk

Advanced search

I bought my one and only Christmas decoration for this year today!

(6 Posts)
BathshebaDarkstone Mon 02-Nov-15 11:44:41

We can only afford one a year and are gradually building up our collection. It's a red, glittery Merry Christmas garland. Now I'm going around singing Solstice Bells by Jethro Tull! Now to write the present list...

Roobix04 Mon 02-Nov-15 11:48:33

I'm doing the same. 7 years ago when we'd only been together 8 months dp bought a cheap tree and a pack of baubles for his flat as a lovely surprise. They're nice and remind of his beautiful gesture but I buy something new to add every year or so. It's a nice tradition.

Chrysanthemum5 Mon 02-Nov-15 11:58:27

We've always done this in my family. It started because mum had no money so limited it to one new decoration per year. I kept that on, and now my tree has lots of memories - I can look back and think about when I bought each one. The DCs love the fun of choosing the new decoration, although I do let them pick one each if they really can't agree.

Enjoy your festive fun!

BathshebaDarkstone Mon 02-Nov-15 13:04:20

Thank you, I intend to! You too! santa

PurpleDaisies Mon 02-Nov-15 13:07:42

Starting on our honeymoon, every time we go on holiday we buy a painted bauble for the tree. It is sometimes a bit odd finding a Christmas shop in the baking hot summers but it is really lovely getting them all out and remembering where we've been.

BathshebaDarkstone Mon 02-Nov-15 14:42:14

That sounds lovely Purple

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now