Talk

Advanced search

Micro scooters for older children - questions

(6 Posts)
Bubbletree4 Thu 29-Oct-15 20:07:44

My dc have a maxi micro, which has 2 wheels at the front and one at the back. Both dc are pretty tall (150cm and 160cm). I am not sure if these scooters are outgrown and I am looking for a main Christmas present anyway! I saw the scooter linked below which has one wheel at the front and one at the back. Are these type very different and does the child have to be 12 to use them, or just have the stature of a 12 yo?

Like this one.

www.johnlewis.com/micro-scooters-micro-flex-classic-scooter-pink/p1973278

Thanks for any help.

Misty9 Thu 29-Oct-15 20:50:11

Do you mean your dc have mini micros and you're looking at the maxi?? As far as I knew, the maxi was suitable from 8 years or so, more dependent on how tall they are for reaching the handle? Take them to John Lewis and try it out smile

DrasticAction Thu 29-Oct-15 20:55:34

der-rollenshop.sportkanzler.de/Kickboards-for-kids

this website is cheapest i have found for scooters, loads on mn use them, incld me.

sleepwhenidie Thu 29-Oct-15 21:02:43

bubbletree my DD is 7 and has the one you linked. It is heavier than the maxi micro because all metal and the base swivels 360 degrees around the stem so it's trickier to carry (bashed ankles are a risk hmm). It is also faster and harder to balance, DD had a few tumbles off hers when she didn't pay attention which would have been fine on the maxi but not this - but she is well used to it now. DS (10) has a stunt scooter which is faster again.

Bubbletree4 Thu 29-Oct-15 21:05:00

I mean that they have the maxi and I am looking at getting the flex. I am a bit confused because you'd think maxi was the big one but actually I think it's used by a child of about 5/6 (the micro is for 3yo ish?). Perhaps I will go to JL and check it out the size of the flex. Can't take kids, it's their main Christmas prezzy.

Bubbletree4 Thu 29-Oct-15 21:09:40

X post, thanks sleep, looks like the flex would also be ok for my dd in that case. Will also check out stunt scooter, my ds is almost 10.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now