Talk

Advanced search

make up tutorial book

(8 Posts)
NewLife4Me Thu 29-Oct-15 11:40:17

I'm looking for a recommendation for a tutorial book for a nearly 12 year old.
I have looked online but much prefer a recommendation.
Tia

4lovelychildren Thu 29-Oct-15 16:39:33

Bump as interested in this too!

swooosh Thu 29-Oct-15 20:23:13

The Bobbi Brown makeup manual is fantastic. Lots of looks and sections aimed on young skin and various skin types and shades too.

NewLife4Me Thu 29-Oct-15 21:26:41

Thanks swoosh

I forgot to ask as well, where can I find reliable info on what cleansers are right for this age?
Or anybody any recommendations for this too?

4lovely grin
We will have to keep bumping until we get lots of replies

loubielou31 Thu 29-Oct-15 21:55:33

What a good idea. I wasn't much older than 12. (13 or 15) when my mum bought me a make up lesson at a beauticians. She didn't want me looking like the pupils at her school who always had a tide line where their foundation ended.grin

4lovelychildren Fri 30-Oct-15 08:02:28

grin

swooosh Sat 31-Oct-15 17:46:06

Cleanser wise I have tried most things. I have sporadically spotty skin (usually at least three!) and started using cold cream a couple of years ago. It's worked wonders and anything else breaks my skin out now. This may not be the case for everyone but I hear most people swear by it.

Also when she is getting into it properly if you book an appointment at MAC they will give her a little tutorial. It costs £50 but you can redeem this against the products you take home so pretty reasonable I think!

tootiredtothink Sat 31-Oct-15 18:33:39

I second Bobbi Brown book. Think I got dd the teenage beauty one along with a teenage make up lesson at a Bobbi Brown counter.

They teach a lovely, natural look without the Orange lines most of dds friends seem to have.

And shes managed to keep the natural look 4 years later (unless she's out at a party where she's contoured to an inch of her life grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now