Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

chocolate maker

(11 Posts)
onedayatatime73 Wed 28-Oct-15 20:41:21

Is there any such thing as a chocolate maker that actually works?

gamerchick Wed 28-Oct-15 20:45:04

Yes they work. The patience required doesn't come with it though and kids have less than us. grin

After using it once it was slung into a cupboard.

gamerchick Wed 28-Oct-15 20:46:11

Oops I read chocolate coin maker. I think it's left its mark. grin carry on.

youngestisapsycho Wed 28-Oct-15 20:46:55

I don't see the point of buying chocolate to melt and make into chocolate again?! We bought one and like gamerchick, it was used once and put in the back of the cupboard!

CakeNinja Wed 28-Oct-15 20:49:46

gamer, you did better than us, it was slung into the wheelie bin after 2 coins (which took the equivalent of 6 years off my life).
The lolly maker was slightly better in that we had learnt to just warm the chocolate up in the microwave like normal people instead of hovering round the equivalent of a teaspoon of lukewarm water in a Petri dish waiting for it to melt!

gamerchick Wed 28-Oct-15 20:52:13

grin yes years off your life is just how to describe it!

onedayatatime73 Wed 28-Oct-15 21:01:17

I take that as a no then. (It's not for our household but for niece. She has been asking for one now the 3rd christmas running. Was going to give in. Guess not then)

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 28-Oct-15 21:02:53

No, but get her it, she wants it.

gamerchick Wed 28-Oct-15 21:46:40

It's not your household so crack on man. Just don't get roped in into making them grin

trixymalixy Wed 28-Oct-15 22:29:26

My kids love the chocolate coin maker. I don't get the hate for it. I would just get it.

LaughingHyena Thu 29-Oct-15 11:10:48

DD has the chocolate coin maker, she's had it out a couple of times.

Other than filling the little dish with hot water she can do it herself, so I haven't lots too many hours to it. Cupbaord space however is a different matter.

something like this would do just as well, and melting the chocolate in a bowl over hot water or in the microwave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now