Talk

Advanced search

Board Game for a 7 year old

(24 Posts)
CamdenTownie Wed 28-Oct-15 14:32:58

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a fun board game for me to play with my 7 year old, as a Christmas gift, today we have played junior monopoly and she enjoys that.

She can read, but finds adding ect tricky, we also have lots of the orchard Games which again she enjoys and they don't take hours to play so she doesn't get bored.

Thanks

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Wed 28-Oct-15 14:37:40

Will it be for the two of you only, or will other people be involved?

Junior Pictionary, Junior Pass the Bomb, Junior Scrabble, Mexican Train Dominoes, Old McDonald's Farm, Ladybirds
Card games, like Snap, Pass the Fish

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Wed 28-Oct-15 14:38:57

No, Sorry, it's not Pass the Fish, but Go Fish

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Wed 28-Oct-15 14:40:57

Uno was always a popular one with our children (a specific card game, needing a set of Uno cards).

Guess Who? can be played with two players.

Pobspits Wed 28-Oct-15 14:41:40

My dc (5&8) LOVE family trivial pursuit

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Wed 28-Oct-15 14:41:58

Tumbling Monkeys or Kerplunk (not board games, but fun for youngsters)

hels71 Wed 28-Oct-15 18:27:20

Uno
Whot
Too Many Monkeys
Junior Cluedo
Frustration

wlv12 Wed 28-Oct-15 19:09:00

My 9 and 6 year old love

Uno
Frustration
I've bought
Looping Louie
Junior Monopoly and
Junior Cluedo for this year

vvviola Wed 28-Oct-15 19:11:47

8yo DD1 loves playing Battleship with DH (although sometimes her grasp of the rules is a bit suspect!)

At a similar age I used to play a game called "Sorry" with my grandad. I'm trying to get my hands on one to give the DC this year.

Other successes have been:
Uno
Kerplunk
Jenga
And good old Snakes and Ladders.

Guitargirl Wed 28-Oct-15 19:22:04

Our DC's (aged 8 and 6) current favourites are Disney Monopoly (pop-castle edition) and Labyrinth.

Ilikesweetpeas Wed 28-Oct-15 19:32:00

My 7 YO loves rummy - a number game. Can be played with between 2-4 players

Bimblywibble Wed 28-Oct-15 20:54:24

Cluedo was the big hit with my 7 year old but it is best with more than 2 players.

A variant of Junior Pictionary is It's a Chicken.

Miloarmadillo1 Wed 28-Oct-15 22:22:47

Qwirkle, Lego Shave a Sheep, Dobble (not board games but all good for that age group)

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 28-Oct-15 22:34:40

We've got a fantastic Roald Dahl board game. You take it in turns to read quotes from a card as you go round the board and the others have to guess the story, or answer questions. It's actually really funny and both my two aged 6 and 8 love it.

knaffedoff Wed 28-Oct-15 22:41:32

Another big fan of dobble :-)

Sanchar Wed 28-Oct-15 22:43:15

My kids love the bug bingo game recently bought for them

ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51y9TFSLHpL.jpg. hope link works!

They are 7 & 5 and want to play it all the bloody time. I enjoy playing it too which is good as usually bored games aren't my cup of tea.

hels71 Thu 29-Oct-15 12:09:28

Oh yes, Qwirkle...how could i forget, we have played that every night so far this half term..

Every1KnowsJeffTheJerkOlantern Thu 29-Oct-15 12:12:13

My dc love the lego games.

CamdenTownie Thu 29-Oct-15 12:33:46

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I'm going to look for junior cluedo and a Frozen 6 in a box that has snakes and ladders, go fish and a few others.

BuildersBum Thu 29-Oct-15 15:52:11

Frustration - I prefer the old version, than the new paddle / genie one.
Haba Gary Gouda
Orchard Toys 3 Little Pigs
Haba Wild Vikings

One of the wooden balance games, we have a cheapy one and Animal Upon Animal which is excellent fun.

I'm going to get Labyrinth or Junior Labyrinth this Xmas, but can't decide which to go for.

BuildersBum Thu 29-Oct-15 15:58:10

& I've got Junior Game of Life on the wish list too.

I got DD Junior Cluedo for her birthday & I was bitterly disappointed in it. The quality is very poor, it's essentially a few pieces of thin card in the box, with a not very strong plastic tray. I'd been really looking forward to playing it sad

AMouseLivedinaWindMill Thu 29-Oct-15 16:02:11

another big vote for qwirkle.

i hate labrything and dd gets very frsutrated by it.

Bimblywibble Thu 29-Oct-15 16:22:57

I think at 7 she should be ok with proper cluedo. DS was borderline when turning 6 but DD picked it up fine on her 8th birthday.

I like the re-issued cluedo. It's the only "re-styled" board game I've preferred to the original, notwithstanding the plastic rope.

kiwidreamer Thu 29-Oct-15 16:36:00

Uno, Connect 4, Guess Who are favourites here. Off to look at Qwirkle and the Lego games - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now