Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas shopping done....woo hoo!

(29 Posts)
desperatelyseekingamovingdate Wed 28-Oct-15 11:31:06

Sorry "smug face" but its all done. A MASSIVE THANKS to everyone on the christmas threads as i have gotten loads of great suggestions for presents esp the difficult to buy for.

I have bought my non perishables, booze and wrapping paper. I have seen great suggestions for christmas outfits and had help with table decorations etc.

I am now scouring the christmas traditions threads as we are having our first family christmas at home.

Massive thanks again, now off to tackle the wrapping! How is everyone else getting on?

YakTriangle Wed 28-Oct-15 11:40:11

I have bought precisely one present. This thread has induced a slight nervousness about my lack of organisation.

desperatelyseekingamovingdate Wed 28-Oct-15 12:10:14

i am never this organised, dont even think of xmas until dec usually but i am hosting for the first time ever so i have many other things to get neurotic over instead!!

One present is a start!

GreenWalls Wed 28-Oct-15 12:13:05

I'm also pretty pleased - almost everything done and with 11 (family and friends included) DCs to buy for that is no mean feat. Determined not to 'twitch' this year. DH's stocking will be filled with books and food that I know he likes - nothing too expensive and determined to not spend on Xmas presents in December. For the first year I also have no credit card debt - and have cut up my cards to keep it that way smile

desperatelyseekingamovingdate Wed 28-Oct-15 12:31:25

I have put xmas on mine but a plan to pay it off before xmas, good idea cutting them up. Thats the problem i have now, i will need to steer clear of the shops in case i buy any last minute bargains! I have written a list for everyone that is on my phone so i can look at and say enough!

Hubby and i set a £50 limit on each other so i had to choose wisely, hoping he will love it. I had some great ideas from these boards. DD 3 wants everything on every advert!

ohtheholidays Wed 28-Oct-15 16:20:55

Well done Desperate,wish I was that organized.

So far I know what 4 of our 5DC all want,just waiting for DS14 and asd to stop changing his mind and his list as often as he changes his socks,he does the same every year bless him(she say's through gritted teeth) grin

I've nearly finished DS14 stocking,got nearly all the bits bought for DS19,DS17,DD12 and DD8 stockings.Finished buying for 1 of my great nephews and 1 of my great nieces,know what I'm buying for the other 11 great nephews and nieces,bought nearly all the presents for my 2 nephews who don't have children yet,know what I'm getting for my DH, Dad,brother,3 lots of aunties and uncles,Fil,Mil,DH's Nan and auntie and uncle,bought nearly all the cards.Just need to think about what were going to get for the childrens teachers and TA's.

We've got a special treat planned for Halloween for all the children and then once they're back to school(begining of November)I'm planning(fingers crossed)to get all of the above bought the first day they're back at school.

CakeNinja Wed 28-Oct-15 17:40:23

Well done, I haven't even written a list yet and I buy for over 40 people grin

I don't even feel in the slightest bit nervous, j always do it all in December, there are always amazing sales on then anyway, and I go on a Monday/Tuesday when dc are at school to get any bits I can't do online.

Sparkletastic Wed 28-Oct-15 17:44:42

I have been this organised before then really regretted it when there is nothing else to do and December falls a bit flat.

cowssheephens Wed 28-Oct-15 18:56:44

Well done OP.

I'm nearly there...but I'm a terrible twitcher and trying my best not to buy for the sake of it this year.

Packed nearly all of the DCs gifts yesterday so feeling like I'm in control.

I just love the weekends leading up to Christmas and doing lovely activities with the DCs knowing everything is bought, packed and ready.

desperatelyseekingamovingdate Wed 28-Oct-15 19:26:26

I had 20 people to buy for and that was stressful enough - cake and oh, you have my admiration for buying for that many. I found it a bit of a chore and stressful, but did it all online as dragging the kids around town is really not an option.

Now my children are older i am hoping that we can spend the whole of december making decorations, meeting up with cousins and visiting santa - so no danger of it falling flat.

I plan on spending the whole of november (recently moved house) tidying, cleaning and finishing last bits of decorating. December will be all fun and excitement. I have started to declutter old toys and after next week i will be going through the house one room at a time.

Well done everyone and good luck to those starting soon

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ohtheholidays Wed 28-Oct-15 20:59:16

I usually have over 70 to buy for at Christmas, desperate I do the same now buy most of it online.

I'm the same now,I like it all done before December because I don't know if it's just where I live and shop but nearly everyone seems to become posessed when it comes to the Christmas shopping and I'm in a wheelchair now so I'd rather not be acosted and knocked out of my wheelchair because someone needs to buy a stuffed Reindeer more than I need to live grin

That way December is usually relaxed for us and we get to do nice visits and crafts and things with the 5DC,plus I get to keep my life which is always a bonus grin

dementedma Wed 28-Oct-15 21:11:33

I am usually ahead of the game but struggling for money this year so can't buy anything much yet. Have got DDS 1 and 2 each a massage voucher ( 40% discount) and a pair of earrings so far, and have got Ds 2 Xbox games and that's it! Dd2 also has a December birthday gulp . Need to buy for dh, DM, two sisters, two brothers, dad who has dementia and is in care so options are limited there. Have agreement with sis that we don't buy for each others kids so my 5 nieces and nephews won't be getting anything from me. Got to be sensible, just cant afford it.
One brother and wife will probably get decent bottle of wine and something gardening related, other brother is teetotall so it will be biscuits or something foody. No idea what to get the sisters - something small like a candle/earrings/scarf. All very boring.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 28-Oct-15 22:00:47

Two words movingdate

THE TWITCH

Oh yes.

Nods Sagely.

The Twitch.

fwink

desperatelyseekingamovingdate Wed 28-Oct-15 23:10:05

70- i will not be going to town until after xmas, might also disconnect internet that should solve that issue! I am going to have to fight the twitch, thats for sure.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ohtheholidays Thu 29-Oct-15 00:45:17

desperately,oh yes the sodding itch.I seem to get that weather it's for Christmas,Valentines Day,Easter,Halloween or Bonfire Night.

DH has promised he'll superglue my hands together,but he seems to forget I have my wicked minion(DD8) on my side grin

NeedAScarf loving the name smileI know it's my side of the family's fault,they won't stop having baby's,DH side of the family is tiny in comparison.

I think DH is just greatful we don't all buy for each other though at the last count there was well over 300 of us shock

desperatelyseekingamovingdate Thu 29-Oct-15 07:45:43

Imagines wrapping 300 presents and faints!

Talking of the twitch!! I am now considering whether dcs 18mo and 3 NEED a stocking? I am trying to buy less and want to eliminate the plastic tat. Off to find superglue for my wallet and hands.

wannabestressfree Thu 29-Oct-15 07:53:00

The stockings are my favourite bit..... I do about 20 all in all and pick up bits all year round smile

CakeNinja Thu 29-Oct-15 08:03:28

They don't have STOCKINGS? shock

Then of course you're not finished grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 29-Oct-15 09:33:55

They don't have stockings? fshock <<clutches pearls>>

Twitch
Twitch

T-w-i-t-c-h

Notso Thu 29-Oct-15 09:44:14

I am doing rubbish this year. My older two haven't decided what they would like yet hmm
Both little DS's seem to be into playmobil so that's fine but it's so expensive.
I still have no idea who if anyone will be here for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.

ohtheholidays Thu 29-Oct-15 10:14:40

Desperately grin

I've done the same as you over the last 2-3 years and really tried not to buy plastic tat for they're stockings.

This year the 3 youngest DC have all got a really nice comic each to go into they're stockings,they're so expensive now though,they've cost us about £4 each,but they have got some lovely bits with them that they'll be able to keep.

In they're stockings they all get an electric toothbrush each,a satsuma and chocolate coins(a tradition that DS19 doesn't want me to stop doing)they all get some nice toiletrie bits and then I usually try and find 3 or 4 bits something really unsual that I know they'll really like.

ohtheholidays Thu 29-Oct-15 10:16:30

Wannabe 20 stockings wow shock

BlueStarsAtNight Thu 29-Oct-15 10:30:07

Oh OP I couldn't not do stockings, my DS (3) is so excited about Christmas already he'd be utterly heartbroken if him and his brother didn't get them! Agree they don't need to be full of plastic tat though, we're doing a comic, a book, Christmas socks, a card game, some crafty stuff and a bigger toy that he's asked for from Santa

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now