Talk

Advanced search

Photo Christmas card ideas help.

(11 Posts)
Roobix04 Mon 26-Oct-15 14:01:13

Last year we put 7mo dd in a santa hat and Christmas jumper and let her play with some baubles in front of the tree. I'd like to do another card with her this year but I'm struggling for inspiration. Any ideas?

Roobix04 Mon 26-Oct-15 14:02:35

Also I know it's incredibly twee but I don't care grin

Roobix04 Mon 26-Oct-15 19:03:40

Where are all the creative people?

Tiptoeshoes Mon 26-Oct-15 19:18:57

Look on Pinterest for ideas

I was thinking I might do one with Christmas tree made out of my m2 kids footprints in green paint and put a picture of them inside, not quite so cheesy!

Roobix04 Mon 26-Oct-15 19:48:21

That sounds cute.

NeverNic Tue 27-Oct-15 00:41:48

Last year I did a pic of them in their Christmas pj's smile

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Tue 27-Oct-15 01:05:48

Is there only the 3 of you? I saw one incredibly effective one where it was 4 individual photos of family members, very artfully done in black and white but with coloured red and green knitted scarves, but they were all looking at each other IYSWIM. So the mum's photo was in the top left corner of the card, and in her photo she was looking to the left, where the DH photo was, and in his photo he was looking down at one of the DC, etc. I can't tell if I am explaining it well or not. But I thought it was one of the coolest ones and I would love to recreate it myself. Except I can't because the person who did it sends cards to a lot of the same people as us. fgrin

Roobix04 Tue 27-Oct-15 08:40:18

Yeah it's just three of us. That sounds lovely but it's just gonna be dd in the photo. Had a hard enough time convincing dp to let me do a Christmas card with dd never mind all of us. Otherwise I'd do an ugly Christmas jumper shot of the three of us blush I'm a sucker for Christmas.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Tue 27-Oct-15 08:46:45

I put DD in her ballet tutu, sat her in the afternoon sun coming through a window on a wooden floor with nothing in the background and she held a star wand and was looking at it..

I put a black and white filter on it and photoshopped sparkles that led up to 'Have A Magical Christmas'

The year after I put her on a sled in front of snowy fir trees, turned the colours up to highlight everything and pick out the red coat she was wearing, added a red strip at the top and at the bottom with 'Dashing through the snow...' And 'In a one horse open sleigh' filling the red space...

The year after I dressed her, new DD2 and our dog in Santa hats with red tinsel around them, cut them out, edge blur, put them on a white background and made them each hold a sign that said 'Ho'... (Ho Ho Ho!)

I love photo Christmas cards, I keep them all in their memory boxes smile

BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Tue 27-Oct-15 08:51:28

One year I got some of those cardboard letters, and decorated each one individually, over November we took photos of DD in different locations, each with a letter (MERRY XMAS) went online and did one of those collage pictures. It was fab! And we now have the letters as a Christmas decoration.

Roobix04 Tue 27-Oct-15 10:09:29

Mary you are my Christmas hero! Love that letters idea Battery these are great.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: