Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for 10year old boy please!

(13 Posts)
chocolateshoes Mon 26-Oct-15 08:25:24

Am really struggling to come up with ideas for DS this year. And pretty soon various relatives will be asking me what to get him. He's really into technology and computing. He has a Hudl which he loves. And has access to a laptop but it isn't his. I know he'd love a laptop but we wouldn't normally spend that much. I think we'd probably get one next year once he's started secondary.
He's mad about Lego and has loads, isn't really into football so wouldn't want a kit etc. Loves making videos on his Hudl, loves Star Wars, his X-box .....and he had a lovely new bike for his birthday. Apart from some books I really am stuck. Any ideas welcome!

CrumbledFeta Mon 26-Oct-15 08:39:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocolateshoes Mon 26-Oct-15 08:45:01

Ohhhh thanks Crumbled! Will look into the robot & DNA kit. DS has no ideas either. Glad he isn't demanding!

123Jump Mon 26-Oct-15 08:45:24

OP, have you looked at sites like Brightminds and MulberryBush? They both do loads of technical/science type touts and have brilliant games sections too. My boys are 8 and 11, and I get quite a bit from these sites. Good for stocking fillers too.

chocolateshoes Mon 26-Oct-15 08:47:49

Btw has your DS tried Jimmy Coates series of books? DS loves them.

chocolateshoes Mon 26-Oct-15 08:49:00

Thanks 123..have just discovered the tin can robot on there.

BabyGanoush Mon 26-Oct-15 12:13:28

The idea that kids need a laptop for secondary is a myth.

DS just uses mine (the family one) about once or twice a week and that's it.

Presents: mini drone with camera? The hubsan on Amazon only around £35 and it works well, is fun.

EnglishRose1320 Mon 26-Oct-15 12:19:37

So far DS10 is getting a lego set from the inlaws, a big bean bag for his room from my parents, book from my brother. Bits we have got for him so far skywriter, bouncy ball that bounces on water, books (including the new rick riodhan one), dig a knight excavation set and some food bits, no main present from us or father Christmas (small is token gift) yet, few ideas but nothing concrete, maybe a knex build your own nerf style gun, more lego, lego dimensions (think it is too pricey and need to check what it can be played on)

chocolateshoes Mon 26-Oct-15 20:41:37

Thank you both! Good ideas!

jelliebelly Mon 26-Oct-15 20:50:50

My da has just written his Christmas wish list - he knows full well he won't get it all but it gives me something to go on!

Swegway
iPod touch
PS4
Laptop
Sky landers superchargers
Fifa16
Money
Kindle
Books
Sweets
Rubik's cube
Bop it
Cricket bat
Goalie gloves
Rugby socks

chocolateshoes Tue 27-Oct-15 09:00:26

Thanks Jellie!

Chillywhippet Tue 27-Oct-15 09:11:28

If he likes making films how about a go pro camera?
I am thinking of one for DS.
Off to check out drone with camera now

chocolateshoes Tue 27-Oct-15 12:46:35

Oh hadn't heard of go pro camera. Will have a look, thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: