Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for day out and Santa visit?

(10 Posts)
TaffyandTeenyTaffy Sun 25-Oct-15 17:30:01

Looking for a day out to include a visit to Santa for DS who is 5.
Last year we did Drayton Manor which he really enjoyed.
We have never done Peppa Pig world so was thinking of that before he completely outgrows it - but just wondered if anyone could recommend any other good ones? we are in south wales and able to travel a few hours as we will probably include an overnight stay and a bit of christmas shopping the second day.

notenoughbottle Sun 25-Oct-15 18:20:14

We're in South Wales too and travelling to Lapland UK. It's only just over two hours, Legoland do something Christmassy too which is meant to be fairly good and I've heard somewhere does a Santa Sleepover?

Misty9 Sun 25-Oct-15 21:27:36

I've been looking at longleat safari park which sounds great with a Santa train and festival of light show. Takes tesco club card too smile

Littlemousewithcloggson Sun 25-Oct-15 22:23:06

Peppa pig is very good
Friend of mine did chessington and loved it
Done longleat for past few years (although never been on the santa train!) and it is fantastic with lots to do

wlv12 Mon 26-Oct-15 23:06:06

I've just booked for blithbury reindeer lodge which was reasonably priced and I felt looked like something a bit different!
www.blithburyreindeerlodge.co.uk/christmas/christmas-at-blithbury-reindeer-lodge/

d270r0 Tue 27-Oct-15 07:31:43

Slimbridge wetlands centre. Includes a hot meal and visit to Santa

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Tue 27-Oct-15 19:29:55

Thanks everyone.
It was Longleat I was originally thinking of - but seems to be fully booked on the days we are able to go.
we have only just done legoland so will give that a miss for another time.
I love the look of blithbury - which is on the list to combine with somewhere in that direction next year.
Looks like its alton towers that does the santa sleepover.
Lapland UK look nice and I love slimbridge so will have a look at those too.

notenoughbottle Tue 27-Oct-15 19:49:42

Didn't know Slimbridge did anything, that's not too far from S.Wales and is lovely there St any time of year do I bet anything Christmas themed there will be lovely!

poorbuthappy Tue 27-Oct-15 21:14:38

Slimbridge looks great but it's £75 for all of us! It seems like there's really cheap or really expensive and not much in between

Littlemousewithcloggson Tue 27-Oct-15 21:37:30

Keep checking longleat. Last year they released extra slots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now