Talk

Advanced search

What do I want for Christmas?

(16 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Sun 25-Oct-15 16:26:21

Desperate for ideas to give to family members as apparently my list is 'due' by the end of the month. I know I am difficult to buy for but I can't think of anything. I read books on a kindle, I don't wear makeup or perfume, I wear clothes for practicality rather than style. I hate spas or massages or any kind of treatments. I don't 'cook' or garden, I keep track of things on my tablet but don't really listen to music or play apps. Yes - i am very boring but I'm normally so busy running around with work and kids i don't have much downtime. Family will not buy gift cards or charity gifts (they're not proper presents apparently). Help!

Nearlyadoctor Sun 25-Oct-15 16:51:56

Nice bubble bath - Molton Brown type stuff
Candles
PJ's - fat face/ white stuff/ white company, ones you perhaps wouldn't normally buy for yourself
Joules socks / white company cashmere bed socks.
DVD box set - for when you get some downtime.
Hotel Chocolat chocolates.

CrumbledFeta Sun 25-Oct-15 17:03:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HamaTime Sun 25-Oct-15 17:21:53

You sound nearly as boring as me. I want socks (M&S or Next boys) pjs (found some nice boys ones in house of fraser - all the womens ones I've seen are awful), a wooly hat, sheepskin insoles, some cups. Do you like food gifts like nice coffee or chocolates? Or alcohol?

00100001 Sun 25-Oct-15 17:29:09

Day trip somewhere
Local theatre shows

00100001 Sun 25-Oct-15 17:31:09

Promise of a cup of tea and cake at a local cafe

howtorebuild Sun 25-Oct-15 17:31:51

I agree, an experience, a comfort inducing object or Labour saving device.

scrappydappydoo Sun 25-Oct-15 17:47:31

Oh socks - of course. Maybe hat and gloves although I would have to be very careful who I suggest that to. Not really a hot drink person. Would never say no to choc or sweeties. Thanks for suggestions smile

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sun 25-Oct-15 17:50:48

I love a voucher for kindle so I can just choose a book when I finish one without thinking do I have the money. But if money's not tight then this might not be an issue

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 25-Oct-15 17:53:58

Your list reads similar to mine ......luckily we don;t do presents as a family.
We only buy for the DC.

I would maybe ask for a voucher to a hairdressers ( even if you don;t wear make-up or perfume you still need your haircut)

I'd like a really nice jumper - some cashmere or merino type?

Candles

I don't want clothes that someone else has chosen (especially not the sort of underwear I've been given. hmm )

Thermal mug , good quality one?

Cafetiere and nice coffee

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 25-Oct-15 17:56:47

Oooh just saw you don't have hot drinks much

How about one of those subscriptions for the chocolates every month for a year?

Or a weekend in the city of your choice if you don't want spas

d270r0 Sun 25-Oct-15 18:46:24

Slippers, dressing gown, dvds, membership to 'netflix' etc., underwear, umbrella, purse,
You could think of something 'big' people could club together to get you- I did that this year and got a roomba (robot vacuum cleaner). I got it early, its fantastic! Will never have to vacuum again. Could go for camera, watch, handbag, or even a pair of shoes or boots etc. that you choose yourself, email them the link.

slightlyglitterpaned Sun 25-Oct-15 18:51:27

For more food stuff that doesn't require cooking, what about tins of nice biscuits, gift packs of preserves & chutneys etc, marron glaces, etc?

An offer, redeemable on the weekend of your choice, to take your kids to softplay while you bugger off to a coffee shop with a good book? grin

ChristmasZombie Sun 25-Oct-15 20:58:29

What about a good pair of wellies? Joules or Hunter.

mysteryfairy Sun 25-Oct-15 21:12:28

Pretty things for the kitchen - e.g. Emma Bridgwater, Cornishware whatever your taste is. Jug for flowers. Jar for utensils.

Nice print e.g. Maybe related an exhibition you've been to this year.

Cushion or lampshade you really love just an example

Christmassy thing you'd really like e.g. I would love a nutcracker doll to remind me of the many times I've taken DD to that ballet

Guidebook for wherever you're going on holiday next year - one book where paper copy is useful.

ohtheholidays Mon 26-Oct-15 09:47:06

I know my husband finds me really hard to buy for and I love perfume,nice bath stuff,bags,clothes,make-up and I'm an avid gardener and love to cook as well.

So far I know he's bought me some nice make-up and some perfume sets,I picked them(he asked me to)he's got them sorted.

So far I've picked some bags I'd like and I could do with some new PJ's as well.

Buying for him is a nightmare though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now