Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find inexpensive Christmas decorations/accessories?

(8 Posts)
ppandj Sun 25-Oct-15 06:49:58

First Christmas in our new house! Our old decs for the tree will go perfectly but it is bigger so we need a few more bits to give the whole house a Christmassy feel, especially as we are hosting this year. I'm thinking bunting, shabby chic/Nordic style. Ideally I would have made some stuff but we have a 6mo DS and I'm going back to work pt so likely won't have any time for crafts. Any recommendations?

Millie2013 Sun 25-Oct-15 06:56:33

Home bargains and the range both had some quite nice decorations, if you have them nearby

trixymalixy Sun 25-Oct-15 06:57:02

Poundland

InMySpareTime Sun 25-Oct-15 06:58:11

Charity shop
Make stuff from card/paper
Get guests to make something while they visit.

GingerIvy Sun 25-Oct-15 11:44:59

Range - always has a lot of variety.
B&Q - I saw a few Nordic style in our local B&Q the other day as they've just put out their displays. Quite a bit of variety, and fairly inexpensive.
Poundland/Poundworld - ours have just started putting out Christmas stuff, but not much yet. I would think just after Halloween there will be much more on display.

southeastastra Sun 25-Oct-15 11:45:23

tiger

zipzap Sun 25-Oct-15 13:29:19

ebay.com - lots of the stuff that comes from China, HK etc is priced at the same price in numbers (rather than the equivalent price) on the different sites - so for example it's either 99cents on ebay.com or 99p on ebay.co.uk

If you go to the ebay.com site there are often other cheaper things too.

I've just bought some sweet decorations on there for $4.38 - cheapest I could find for the identical things on the ebay.co.uk site was £4.99. Due to the great exchange rate at the moment, that's over £2 cheaper (40%) which makes a big difference.

ppandj Sun 25-Oct-15 18:38:35

Thanks for all your suggestions, I will go hunting about. Especially love the eBay knowledge- I had never though to try switching the .com/.co.uk! Yes I think you're right about getting past Halloween then there'll be more. Thank you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now