Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for decorating my bifold door please

(14 Posts)
Upinthestars Sat 24-Oct-15 23:08:10

We have a 3m bifold door in our dining room and I wanted to decorate it this year for Christmas (it backs onto our garden and we don't have curtains so don't have a curtain pole to use). I had thought about a curtain of lights (like they have at weddings) but am not sure it will look so good with a lead trailed around the room. So, I am trying to find an alternative. The rest of my house decoration is very Scandi, so I was thinking of maybe something involving cut out snowflakes on string (maybe or will that look naff?). I have spent the evening on Pinterest and have failed miserably.

So, please can I offer it to you lovely people to see if you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Buttercupsandaisies Sun 25-Oct-15 00:25:42

I get the hanging snowflakes from Amazon fir similar doors and cut to size - approx £2!

SitsOnFence Sun 25-Oct-15 07:10:56

Chalk pens? Google image search 'chalk pen Christmas window' for ideas.

NotSayingImBatman Sun 25-Oct-15 07:27:24

I've been thinking about ours as well. Maybe some net lights? Although we have a plug right by the door so don't have to worry about wires trailing around. I've also considered suction hooks and a small wreath on each section of the door.

WeAllHaveWings Sun 25-Oct-15 09:44:57

in the past we had ds (or any visiting children) make different sizes and patterns of paper cutout snowflakes and white-tacked them onto the glass. Looked tacky but in a nice child craft/homemade way.

Also mentioned to colleagues at work we were doing it at home and everyone wanted to try making snowflakes again and we wasted a couple of hours making snowflakes all our work windows got decorated that year too, the MD even make one!!!!

PurpleWithRed Sun 25-Oct-15 09:51:57

not on the high st usually have pretty christmas decals you can stick on

Upinthestars Sun 25-Oct-15 16:25:23

Thanks all for the ideas (I came on this morning and replied but my message appear to have been lost in the ether!)

trixymalixy Sun 25-Oct-15 17:18:30

I have snowflakes like these, but I bought them in poundland in a pack of three. They definitely have them again this year.

DrSausagedog Sun 25-Oct-15 20:48:57

They look lovely, trixy. If you or anyone else spots them in any pound shops this year, please can you update the thread so I can get some?

Buttercupsandaisies Sun 25-Oct-15 22:16:23

The range does some in packs if 3 almost identical for about £1

DrSausagedog Sun 25-Oct-15 22:23:51

Oooh thanks Buttercups!

trixymalixy Sun 25-Oct-15 22:37:22

unfortunately out of stock online, but worth checking in the shop

trixymalixy Sun 25-Oct-15 22:39:34

eBay slightly more expensive

whatsonyourplate Mon 26-Oct-15 09:45:31

What about window cling stickers like these:
Lakeland
We have some non sparkly ones which I think came from Kleeneze of all places, several years back, that look very effective on our patio doors. Loads of different types and prices if you Google snowflake window stickers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now