Talk

Advanced search

Any idea where the kids can donate old toys?

(10 Posts)
GrimmauldPlace Sat 24-Oct-15 07:21:16

This half term we're decluttering to make room for Christmas toys and to get rid of the things that aren't played with anymore.

I would really like to be able to donate the toys to children that may not get much this year or maybe children in hospital. DS7 has already offered to donate a duplicate nerf gun he has as he thinks it can make another child happy smile

Does anyone know of any organisations that collect toys? I'm near Sutton/Cheam if that helps. I'm reluctant to send it all to the local charity shop as they threw away the last bag I gave them. Didn't have time to sort through it, apparently.

Thanks in advance.

belindarose Sat 24-Oct-15 07:24:09

Find a better charity shop. In that way, the toys get used twice. The money paid for them goes to the charity AND someone who might not be able to afford full price toys gets the opportunity to buy something nice.

lame Sat 24-Oct-15 13:56:04

Instead of charity shops think social services / family centres. They have rooms that hold contacts for families - I'm sure they will need toys for all ages (Ours always do) Though best if the toys don't need batteries. You'll make a lot of kids smile!

VashtaNerada Sat 24-Oct-15 14:04:32

Our local food bank was happy to take ours. Sometimes women's refuges take them too.

Totallyoutoforder Sat 24-Oct-15 14:09:41

Lovely idea OP and DS sounds a really kind soul. Well done. This is xmas spirit already.

Artandco Sat 24-Oct-15 14:13:16

Refuges. They won't take any type of guns/ war stuff though

d270r0 Sat 24-Oct-15 14:17:12

Argos are taking in old toys for Barnardos and will give you an argos £5 voucher in exchange, can only be spent on toys, not in the 3 for 2, on orders over £35 only.

BertrandRussell Sat 24-Oct-15 14:20:30

If you have a Quaker Meeting House try there. They organise Christmas parcels for prisoners' families. I doubt if they'd take guns, either, though.

GrimmauldPlace Sat 24-Oct-15 18:57:14

Thanks for the suggestions, will have a look to see if there are any women's refuges near us. There's a children's centre too so could give them a call. I'm getting a few bits from Argos next week so will also make use of their voucher offer. That one is a win/win I think!

Dancingqueen17 Sat 24-Oct-15 22:49:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now