Talk

Advanced search

Bargain presents for best friend

(6 Posts)
SalemSaberhagen Fri 23-Oct-15 21:03:30

My best friend always gets DD and I really lovely birthday and Christmas presents. She puts a lot of thought in, and gets some really great things.

This Christmas I am on an extremely tight budget; working PT and sorting DD means I don't have much in the way of present allowance.

Does anybody have any really great bargain ideas that still look a lot? I did her a stocking last year so can't really repeat it. She doesn't care about how much I spend I know, but she is such a great friend she deserves something nice!

HSMMaCM Fri 23-Oct-15 21:29:57

Bake her some cupcakes? She'll know that's a personal effort?

Jackmelad Fri 23-Oct-15 21:32:00

Have you got a TKMAX near you? You can frequently buy some lovely things for a good price. I only buy my BF token presents and can often find a little something for around £10. Not sure if that is within your budget?

If budget is less, how about a bottle of wine or make something such as some fudge, or buy a paperback book?

TelephoneTree Fri 23-Oct-15 21:50:14

This will sound strange but bear with me - when my Mum was diagnosed with a terminal illness, I bought a tiny notebook from Paperchase and I wrote one thing per page that I loved about her / she'd taught me / a memory. It was very personal and contained things one would normally only tell someone else or wish you'd told them after they'd died. She absolutely loved it.

OhHolyFuck Fri 23-Oct-15 22:00:43

Search "womdee" or "tonsee" on Amazon - nice scarves, cushion covers, bags etc for a few quid

SalemSaberhagen Fri 23-Oct-15 22:46:10

Thanks guys, I'll check these out!

Telephone, what a beautiful idea. And a memory in itself, I'm sure flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now