Talk

Advanced search

stocking fillers for DP

(19 Posts)
FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Fri 23-Oct-15 19:10:12

DP and I are doing stockings for each other and I need some ideas for him!
I've got the normal stuff on the list boxers and socks and smellies. But any other ideas would be great smile
This is the stocking I've got him...
ink{http://www.matalan.co.uk/events/christmas/christmas-trees-anddecorations/stockings-and-sacks/s2610385/christmas-alphabet-stocking--20cm-x-60cm\www.matalan.co.uk/events/christmas/christmas-trees-anddecorations/stockings-and-sacks/s2610385/christmas-alphabet-stocking--20cm-x-60c]]m}

Thanks MNetters thanksbrewcakestar

MarkRuffaloCrumble Fri 23-Oct-15 19:21:48

My DP is a big kid mesmerised by magnets so last year I got him some of those little neodium magnet cubes. Not sure if he ever uses them, but he is always banging on about how magical magnets (and mirrors <vain>) are, so I'm sure he liked them!

PennyHasNoSurname Fri 23-Oct-15 19:23:30

Dh is outdoorsy so over the years he has had a head torch, flint and strike, compass, lighter etc.

No idea what to do for him this year! Watching intently.

PennyHasNoSurname Fri 23-Oct-15 19:31:32

Wilkos do a little elephant which is a phone stand. £2, ive had mine a week and use it all the time.

storybrooke Fri 23-Oct-15 19:34:37

So far I've gone for a Lego miniset, bad hair day beanie, car air freshener, some fit bravely from boots in the sale (syncs with android), old school sweeties, peel 'man mask' and can't remember what else, previous years I've got him a shaving kit (blade/brush one), smartphone gloves, vouchers, wow mind has gone blank! Hth x

LumelaMme Fri 23-Oct-15 19:38:27

Whisky chocolate
Self-assembly toy gilder (will survive 5 mins on Xmas day)
Socks (hmm
The sort of soap he likes
Some red shoelaces
And other stuff...

PotteringAlong Fri 23-Oct-15 19:40:24

DH always loves hotel chocolat stuff

myotherusernameisbetter Fri 23-Oct-15 19:41:44

Last year I got DH a breaking Bad Keyring with his name done with the chemical symbols
A razor made with the wood from whisky casks
bag of jelly babies
fancy nuts
bottle of nice beer
some plectrums
teeny tiny maglite torch
some coffee pods

others years

Wallet multi tool thing
a paper wallet made from a map of the London underground
CD
Itunes voucher
nice pen
a thingy for organising your cables
little quiz/fact books
travel games

BlueBananas Fri 23-Oct-15 19:50:56

Earphones
USB stick
Portable charger thingy
Phone cover
Wallet
Belt
Tie
Keyring
Mini choc
Mini alcohol
Mini smelly
Vibrating cock ring - ok that one might be for me blush

chanie44 Fri 23-Oct-15 20:12:20

I do one for OH every year and I recommend looking in sports direct as they have lots of stuff like
Mini footballs
Man bags
Cups and glasses
Football stuff

WalfordEast Fri 23-Oct-15 20:22:17

I remember sitting with my parents once opening stocking presents and my dad opening a packet of karma sutra cards. I was old enough to realise what they were and they tried to hide them as quick as possible, but I saw- shudders. Thank you for reminding me Blue grin

i've got dp, the usual socks, pants and hankies he gets every year as well as a toblerone and chocolate oprange and this year he's got a TMNT scaler for his cables, a star wars pen and notebooks, a skynet travel card holder, adventure time keyring, kerasate hair wax, cycling chamois cream, merino wool cycling socks, bicycle puncture repair kit, mini torch, mini screwdriver set, bottle opener, mini bottles of rum, stormtrooper chocs in a net and a chocolate coin

GlitteryShoes Fri 23-Oct-15 22:00:12

I got a love lock ( padlock engraved with our names) for under £5 from Amazon ( we can put it on our garden gate)

BlueBananas Fri 23-Oct-15 22:06:07

On no Walford am I about to scar my kids for life?! Haha

Pranmasghost Fri 23-Oct-15 22:48:10

Booze miniatures, dvd or cd, mug, puzzle to fiddle with (M&S surprisingly good) gloves, daft beanie hat, paperback book, torch, chutney/mustard fancy food in little jars,character key ring etc etc.

WalfordEast Fri 23-Oct-15 23:11:52

Im sure it will be fine Blue grin. Enjoy wink

BlueBananas Fri 23-Oct-15 23:13:40

I will grin

Jelly101 Tue 27-Oct-15 15:21:01

The items I have bought for my DP's stocking are:

-Lego mini figures
-2 chocolate oranges
-Lush shower gel
-Lush Cinders bathbomb
-Lego mini figure soap
-POP keyring (batman)
-Lego annual

I still needs to get a few more bits, my DP is a big kid really and as you can probably see, he loves legogrin

rosieliveson1 Tue 27-Oct-15 19:54:34

For the men's stockings, I often get things like cuff links (cheaply eBay ones), pocket square, mini bottle wine, fancy mini coffee jar or tea bags, hot sauce, bottle of ale, pen, book or mini quiz game, chocs, a magazine .... I can't remember what else

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now