Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Remote Control Monster Truck

(7 Posts)
TwistAndShout Thu 22-Oct-15 16:51:55

Has anyone got any reccomendations for a remote control truck that could be used outdoors and climb small obstacles etc.?

It's for 9 year old DS as his main Christmas present.

There's lots on Amazon but very mixed reviews and huge range between £15 and £150! Would ideally be up to £50. Would be very grateful for some guidance!

NicoleWatterson Thu 22-Oct-15 17:34:44

we have this one (theres better prices out there!) its not strictly a monster truck but is great & can go in water www.toysrus.co.uk/toys/nikko-vaporizr-blue-radio-control-car/0098863

NicoleWatterson Thu 22-Oct-15 17:36:02

They do a mini one as well, so do check the size on ordering if you get one!

teabagsmummy Thu 22-Oct-15 19:10:09

my ds is 9 he would love max the tow truck sure i saw it for £39.99 in smyths, it can pull 100kg in weight looks a lot of fun not strickly r/c though

TwistAndShout Thu 22-Oct-15 23:02:11

Thank you, they both look fab! Max the tow truck sounds great- I need to work out if being remote controlled is the main criteria or being able to get over stuff?! The Nikko one looks good- do you know if the batteries run out very quickly?

ObiWanCannoli Thu 22-Oct-15 23:14:57

We had a morphibian off Amazon can go through puddles is great outside. Ours lasted 18 months, maybe a bit longer and took quite a bit of rough play.

Between £10 and £25 so I've bought them one again this year as their main present, except middle ds whose 5 I bought him a soft sided remote control fire engine and only because he is very taken with red and anything related to fire engines.

NicoleWatterson Fri 23-Oct-15 09:10:08

Our nikko one lasts a fair amount of time. Ive never timed it, but it's long enough for the kids to have a decent enough play so they just shrug and move on when it's run out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now