Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby Born v's Baby Annabelle

(7 Posts)
Hangingbasket14 Thu 22-Oct-15 15:00:39

DD is 4, her friend had a ELC doll which you could give real water, change nappy etc, she loved it. She has quite a few dolls but none of them 'do' anything. My DB said that he will buy her one but I'm not sure what is best Baby Annabelle or Baby Born?

ThoughtfulPenny Thu 22-Oct-15 15:12:03

Baby born is the only one out of those two that you can give real water and change a wet nappy. Baby annabel does come with a bottle and you can buy nappies but you can't actually give the doll water.

Hangingbasket14 Thu 22-Oct-15 15:16:12

Thanks Thoughtful, I thought baby Annabelle did that too (good job I checked before i told him!) thank you!

RosaBee Thu 22-Oct-15 17:06:15

Baby Annabel can drink water and cries out the water like real tears, as opposed to a wee like baby born.
Baby born can go in bath, Annabel can't. Big difference is Annabel has batteries so can move her face and cries etc. baby born has a chip inside which reacts to the accessories so if you put her in sleeping bag for example, it sounds like she is making noise but it's coming from the sleeping bag, if that makes sense.
We have both and must say they are played with equally and both have pros and cons. Annabel is heavy and can't go in bath but soft bodied and my little girls prefers the accessories. Baby born easier to take out and loves bathing her... I'm quite embarrassed I can answer at such length on a doll!

BumWad Thu 22-Oct-15 17:08:01

Bloody hell I want a baby born and annabelle!

Hangingbasket14 Thu 22-Oct-15 17:11:15

Oh god really confused now!! DD saw the baby born toilet???? And wanted that too so may go with the baby born....all this for a doll!

wigglesrock Thu 22-Oct-15 19:30:55

Smyths have some Baby Born dolls reduced by quite a bit at the minute.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now