Talk

Advanced search

What are you 'holding your nerve' to buy as late as possible for bargains?

(19 Posts)
SymphonyofShadows Thu 22-Oct-15 12:09:38

For me it's M&S crackers this year and, based on last year, Habitat naice but expensive decs from Homebase. The prices got slashed but have to be quick off the mark for those though. A couple of years ago I waited for artificial trees in Sainsburys and got a big pre-lit one for about £15.

I'll also be getting the Boots Soap and Glory deal, its my little present to myself.

KiwiLaura Thu 22-Oct-15 16:54:35

Holding out for a coffee machine, electric shaver and gaming mouse in the vain hope that Black Friday will deliver. grin

SymphonyofShadows Thu 22-Oct-15 17:00:13

Oh gosh yes, Black Friday. I was so disappointed last year after the previous year's deals on Lego etc. Fingers crossed that it's a good one this time!

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 22-Oct-15 17:08:40

A V-Tech Kidizoom Camera for ds. I really don't want to pay anywhere full price when I can get a real camera for much cheaper!

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Thu 22-Oct-15 17:11:53

Lego dimensions. My dcs really want it but I don't want to pay that much for it

OddBoots Thu 22-Oct-15 17:13:47

I have a few things on camelcamelcamel but if they don't drop far enough in price I won't buy them at all.

G1veMeStrength Thu 22-Oct-15 17:16:08

I haven't bought ANYTHING yet. Last year I bought everything off the bargains threads. Then got presented with lists of what everyone wanted. This year I am holding my nerve and going to to it All In One Day.

Iggi999 Thu 22-Oct-15 18:32:29

A wii u. Lego dimensions too. Hope they don't go up instead!

Nevergoingtolearn Thu 22-Oct-15 18:35:37

A laptop, I have a small budget of £200 to get one for dd1, I'm hoping for a Black Friday deal ( bought the iPad mini last year on Black Friday ).

HelpMeImDrowning Thu 22-Oct-15 18:35:56

I bought Lego Dimensions just because thats the "big" present and the most expensive I'll be buying so wanted it out of the way.

Im hoping there might be some deals on the figures for it and also the new imaginext batman thingy.

SymphonyofShadows Thu 22-Oct-15 18:55:24

I'm not sure about Lego Dimensions because it's so new. I've already got DS one so that I could get it out of the way. I reckon we will see massive discounts on Skylanders etc. on Black Friday.

PinkSquash Thu 22-Oct-15 20:00:00

I'm hoping for Fifa 16 on Xbox 360 for a lot less than £30. Black Friday came up trumps for us last year, but Im worried this year for some reason.

ToastedOrFresh Fri 23-Oct-15 06:27:48

I'm holding my nerve that the Christmas hampers I've ordered for presents get delivered by 23rd December as advised. I live overseas, it leaves me in the shit if I get an e-mail from them, like last year, saying it's not delivered, 40 minutes after telling me it had been despatched.

NeverNic Fri 23-Oct-15 07:11:29

Ooh I might hold out for a new oven. My current one will not cook properly at low temps and I've had enough! There's a chance though that I won't get a delivery slot in time for Christmas though

Chasingsquirrels Fri 23-Oct-15 07:19:54

A turkey, Christmas Eve. 2 years ago we got a massive one for about £12 down from £78 with reductions the my Waitrose discount applied to full price!

trixymalixy Fri 23-Oct-15 07:56:39

Lego dimensions here too. Very usually give me a code for example £20 off a £50 spend at some point before Xmas so I'll buy it with that assuming the code arrives!!

FinallyHere Fri 23-Oct-15 08:10:21

Maybe its just because I am horrid, but i do love to be all organised and prepared for christmas, then pop in to large supermarket on the way home on christmas eve. I have had amazing bargains, box of bags of lemons for 50p, too many festive chocolates, too, really.

I don't always have time to stop, but its lovely when i can. Just a small basket, a few minutes to look around and pick up anything that catches my eye.

For the record, i like carol singers, too.

SymphonyofShadows Fri 23-Oct-15 08:34:54

I might send DP to do that this year Finally, he often brings random things home from the shop so who knows what we would end up with? grin

curriegirl Fri 23-Oct-15 08:37:22

A Disney code late November into December. DS was given Christmas money by relatives who live abroad but were here last month. We go to Disney Paris for 2 nights late November and he wants to spend it there.

He is waiting some marvel stuff but I need to wait to see what he buys first.

I have already bought Lego dimensions simply because it is new and I don't think it will come down in price. Best to do what a poster has done above with something like a very code. Hopefully it won't come down in price anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now