Talk

Advanced search

Small presents for friend's kids

(19 Posts)
attheendoftheday Thu 22-Oct-15 09:19:20

I normally buy a small token gift for varies friends kids, ideally in the £5-8 range (or less!). In previous years I done books, jigsaws, little backpack.

They are for:
Baby boy x2
3 year old boy x2
4 year old boy
6 year old boy
7 year old boy

Any good ideas?

Nanasueathome Thu 22-Oct-15 09:20:38

Half price toy sale at Sainsburys and Smyths at the moment
Have a browse round there for ideas

Trudee Thu 22-Oct-15 10:02:00

I've bought a couple of the little book and soft toy sets from Tesco that were around £5 each. They're more suitable for the younger children though depending on which ones are available. Did get Esio Trot last year which was for a 6yr old.

atticusclaw2 Thu 22-Oct-15 10:03:22

Top trumps
Small lego set (watch out for the lego shortage this year)
Audio book

CathFizz Thu 22-Oct-15 14:07:37

atticus Lego shortage? shock What Lego shortage? Should I be worried? I've got loads of Lego to buy this Christmas and haven't even started yet. oh no, holds head in despair and weeps

atticusclaw2 Thu 22-Oct-15 14:54:36

It was in the business pages yesterday. Lego have announced that they already know they will not be able to fulfil orders this year due to extraordinary demand and so if you're buying lego buy it now!!

Chocolateteabag Thu 22-Oct-15 15:18:49

Definitely Lego for the 4/6/7 year olds
City for the 4 year old
Star Wars for the older ones (will be cool when the new film is out I have been informed by the 8 year olds I know)

3 year olds - Playmobil? Tractor stuff?

Babies - Toot toot cars/animals - Wilkos have them on sale at the moment? Don't really need the track to go with them.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Thu 22-Oct-15 15:43:31

Def recommend toot toot for babies and wilko is cheapest for them at mo or boots 3 for 2 gifts for toys you can get £9 Lego sets so 3 gifts at £9 = £18for 3 - £6 each.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Thu 22-Oct-15 15:45:34

3yr old lego juniors, 5,6,7yr olds normal lego and 2 babies toot toot vehicle if 6+mths if under that maybe a elc basic shape sorter £8 in boots. Get everything on 3 for 2 in boots buying nothing over £10 an item max £40 for 6 gifts.

madmotherof2 Thu 22-Oct-15 15:55:42

Are any of them siblings?

Just thinking could you club money together and buy them something to share, like a board game?

If the Older 2 boys are brothers, you could buy hero mashers and they could enjoy sharing those? You can find those in the 2 for £15 offer at Argos

Bimblywibble Thu 22-Oct-15 16:41:01

Small transformers for the older boys. Little tea set for the younger ones. PJs or onesie. I know it sounds a bit boring but my 6 year old DS is obsessed with his brushed cotton primark PJs.

The backpack was a great idea.

EnglishRose1320 Thu 22-Oct-15 17:17:08

I buy small presents for about 10 friends children and this year I have got 10 books for £10 from the works, massive choice so have picked one I know each child will like and then have found something to go with it, top trumps, fun baths sets like minions ones, playmobil, binoculars- lots of shopping around etc and all will be £5 or less, most around £3 but look bigger.

WoodleyPixie Thu 22-Oct-15 18:08:44

If you have q sainsburys near you get in there lots of gifts for those age ranges.

The £10 Lego sets £7 ish, jigsaws, craft sets, baby toys all reduced. I think it finishes Monday.

dynevoran Thu 22-Oct-15 19:21:34

I just bought 10 of the digital character watches from house of Fraser for friends kids all aged around 4-6. They were £2.40 each and come in frozen, princess, star wars and marvel. Saw on the Xmas thread.

Mumteedum Thu 22-Oct-15 20:20:35

Thank you English rose. Just bought big pile of books for all the kids I have to buy forstar

attheendoftheday Thu 22-Oct-15 20:54:36

Thank you so much, some fab ideas here!

I will definitely check out Lego in the sale and the watches, and I really like the book plus something plan too.

toddlerwrangling Fri 23-Oct-15 10:02:07

I buy for a few friends' children and the book plus small toy or net of choc coins or a chocolate Santa works well.
I just laid in a stack of copies of Alfie's Christmas on the The Works 10 for £10 offer - fab for 3 year olds. I was also in Tesco yesterday and their wooden Carousel toys range had some great baby toy bargains - eg. brightly coloured wooden maracas reduced to 30p! For babies I also often give the Fisher Price bath duck in a clear plastic ball - normally about 4-5 pounds in Tesco; or the Tomy squeaky eggs when they are down to about 3 pounds on Amazon. Also managed one year to get a Fisher Price pull-along phone for 3 pounds on Amazon when the price dropped.
My 4 yr old nephew loves any kind of bubble machine and you can often get them half price in Mothercare.
I don't know many 6 and 7 year old boys as yet, but I would think Lego and a chocolate Santa would be perfect!

Chasingsquirrels Fri 23-Oct-15 10:03:54

Selection boxes!

attheendoftheday Fri 23-Oct-15 23:57:09

Thanks everyone. I've ordered some lego star wars snow speeders for the bigger ones and a batman book plus cape and mask set for the middle ones. Still looking for the baby, but plenty to choose from.

Thanks for all your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now