Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a buffet Christmas dinner

(8 Posts)
wlv12 Wed 21-Oct-15 17:23:24

I'm working a late shift (1.30-7.30pm) on Christmas day but am off on Boxing day, so we've decided to have our Christmas dinner on Boxing day and a bit of a buffet/relaxed style food on Christmas day (and a cheese platter with wine when I get home grin )
Any ideas for the relaxed-style food on Christmas day? Because I won't be about all day ideally we don't want to spend ages preparing it.

nilbyname Wed 21-Oct-15 17:29:00

You could get some nice m and s stuff that's all sort of pre-made stuff that can go in the oven.

I'd like-
Baked ham served cold
Cheeses
Gherkins
Olives
Nice bread
Baked Camembert
Prosciutto
Home made coleslaw and potato salad
Mustard/ other condiments
Roasted Veges served with basil, and olive oil
Mushroom vol au vents

thatsn0tmyname Wed 21-Oct-15 17:30:11

Could you get some m&s two meals for a tenner type thing from their dine in range? Quick to prepare and just double up / mix and match if you have children.

Lunastarfish Wed 21-Oct-15 17:31:25

If there were no cheese and pineapple for our Xmas day buffet there would be a riot.

I would add pate & nachos to nilby's list (which sounds fab!)

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Wed 21-Oct-15 17:39:17

Would need a posh pork pie in there too...

nilbyname Wed 21-Oct-15 17:56:18

Yes, pate if course! How could I forget!
Pickle onions- yes!
Posh pie- yes- someone bought us a game pie from borough market once and it was heavenly!

GloGirl Thu 22-Oct-15 08:13:26

Bacon wrapped chipolatas
Veg crisps
A cold prepared day before
Par baked rolls
A nice chutney

Blu Thu 22-Oct-15 08:20:58

If you are having a proper Christmas Dinner the next day I would go for smoked salmon and bagels, and some really nice soup. Mince pies.

Or a big fish pie or lasagne that you can have made on advance to heat up, and glamorous chocs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now