Talk

Advanced search

What are you getting your dd's age 11/12 and 9/10??

(9 Posts)
Nevergoingtolearn Wed 21-Oct-15 13:09:29

Dd1 has asked for a laptop for Christmas, I don't normally spent that much on a main gift but this year is the first year with out dh ( we split 6 months ago ) and dd needs a laptop and printer to do her school work on as we only have a iPad and chrome book. So I'm goining to get her a laptop, I need suggestions for smaller gifts, things she will use, she's not girly, she loves science and computers.

Dd2 hasn't asked for much so I have no idea what to buy her as a main gift, obviously money will be a bit tight after buying dd1's lap top but I need something that's kind of equal ( not in value of money but something dd will love as much as her sister will love the laptop ). Dd2 has some sn's and still loves my little pony and plastic tat, she has loads of Lego and likes crafty things.

I haven't started my shopping yet, I have usually almost finished by now or at least have an idea of what I'm going to buy. Any suggestions??

wigglesrock Wed 21-Oct-15 13:24:02

My 10.5 year old loves Lego Elves so she's getting a set, she does a particular sport so she's getting some clothes for that, a half price Hollister hoody, smellies from the vlogger she loves - whose name has just escaped me, a big Tsum Tsum, dear drawing pencils, she's also mentioned a diary from Mc2 tv show.

Noideatobehad Wed 21-Oct-15 13:30:54

my girls are 10 and 9. they are getting a new tv for their room (shared), then dd1 is getting lots of dragon stuff, how to train your dragon junior monopoly, a minecraft lego set, big hero 6 ds game, minions dvd, pyjamas and a few other bits. dd2 is getting jurassic world ds game, towel, dvd, lego, a dinosaur origami book, dinosaur operation game (can you tell she is dinosaur obsessed?), oh and a pink triceratops hobby horse

Noideatobehad Wed 21-Oct-15 13:31:37

oh, and they will be 11 and 10 in march

Lurkedforever1 Wed 21-Oct-15 13:31:47

My dd is also getting a laptop, and then some bits and pieces for her sports/ interests.

Does dd2 need anything like a bike/ outdoor item like the decent older wheeled items? (Roller skates, teen type scooters/ skateboards etc) Or if the pony interest goes further than my little pony, riding lessons/ pony trekking day?

Or just heaps of plastic tat/ craft stuff.

Nevergoingtolearn Wed 21-Oct-15 13:36:13

Noid, I see that M&S are doing girls dinosaur pyjamas and underwear. Dd1 likes dinosaurs too and collects dragons so I could add to her collection. She always likes art supplies too and now she's at high school she gets through a lot of pens and pencils.

The Lego elves look good as does the new Lego friends set so I might get those for dd2, she wants MLP but she ends up cutting their hair and breaking the play sets, at least Lego is a bit more hard wearing.

Nevergoingtolearn Wed 21-Oct-15 13:40:17

She can't ride a bike due to problems with her legs but she might want to try horse riding, though it's a expensive hobby to get into ( as I would want to join in too ).

They do need a new trampoline for next summer but I don't really want to get something they can't use straight away so will probably save this for birthdays. Dd2 likes music, the one thing she has asked for is a Keytar but I can't find one anywhere that's not £££'s, she already has a keyboard and a guitar.

Noideatobehad Wed 21-Oct-15 14:10:11

yes i got the dinosaur pyjamas for her, didnt know they were doing underwear too, she will love that grin

Noideatobehad Wed 21-Oct-15 14:21:51

brilliant!!!!! i just ordered her 2 pairs of girls dinosaur pants, she will be thrilled (i may have also ordered spiderman boxers for ds2) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now