Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy reasonably priced wooden/scandi Christmas tree decorations?

(24 Posts)
BurningBriquette Tue 20-Oct-15 21:56:06

I absolutely love decorating my tree each Christmas with various things collected through the years. However, this year I don't think I can use my much loved glass baubles and similar as I have a rampaging 18month dd! So the decs are sure to be thrown about the place.

So this year I thought I would buy some wooden and scandi/nordic style things. But I'm looking for inspiration as to where to find some reasonable quality, not too expensive decorations online? Think wood, deep reds, ribbons etc. All shatter proof and dd proof.

Where would you recommend looking please?

wine

daisydalrymple Tue 20-Oct-15 22:08:46

I got some lovely gisela graham red and cream wooden hearts off ebay (but brand new not auction). There seem to be a lot of crafty type sellers if you search various different terms.

Or try Amazon then look at what other buyers looked at / bought when you find some you like. (You can slso then check ebay for a better price).

Also Christmas markets, if you're lucky enough to have decent ones near you.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Tue 20-Oct-15 22:13:35

Ikea

Zippidydoodah Tue 20-Oct-15 22:14:54

I got some from tiger last year!

Dollyemi Tue 20-Oct-15 22:18:42

Achica

Ladymoods Wed 21-Oct-15 07:25:58

I've bought quite a few of that type from hobbycraft in the past.

NewMrsX Wed 21-Oct-15 09:02:51

I've picked up odd bits in this style from ikea, supermarkets, the range and my local garden centre

lavendersun Wed 21-Oct-15 09:12:45

Birchcraft - used to be www.birchcraft.co.uk but their web page doesn't seem to be working.

I have bought loads from them over the years, really lovely little wooden decorations.

This gives you an idea of their stuff

www.christmastimeuk.com/b/brand/Birchcraft/Birchcraft/304

Much better to buy direct though and they often have reductions. Hopefully their webpage is just a temporary blip.

SymphonyofShadows Thu 22-Oct-15 07:16:30

Sainsburys had a lot of Scandi last year so once their Halloween stuff is finished it might be worth a try.

Don't buy straight away though, they go from full price to 3 for 2 then half price, way before Christmas

BurningBriquette Thu 22-Oct-15 08:14:05

Thank you all for the good suggestions and tips very much appreciated. I hadn't thought of most of the shops and websites (long term sleep deprivation turns brain to mush). I have some child free time today so hope to do a little shopping - and Symphony good thinking regarding waiting for special offer.

What deck would you all suggest to achieve a scandi/rustic Christmas? I have thought of wooden decorations and ribbons. What else might help me achieve a cosy toddler friendly look? I will miss all my glass and alike but needs must!

Thanks all again for the shopping tips smile

BurningBriquette Thu 22-Oct-15 08:16:14

Spell check error - deck* decorations...

nilbyname Thu 22-Oct-15 08:19:55

I've made red/cream tiny Pom poms and strung them on a red/white string for tree garlands.

Also pine cones, dried out orange slices, cinemas sticks all look nice on a tree.

I also make salt dough with the kids and then put those decs on- on the back of the tree! grinwink

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Thu 22-Oct-15 08:29:20

TK Maxx sonetimes have some nicebits and pieces, as do Lidl, but both are hit and miss.

Racundra Thu 22-Oct-15 08:36:07

Stick to red/white/wood.
White company sometimes have scandi stuff, and paperchase, John Lewis etc.
Do you have a german Christmas market near you? They have lots of wooden ornaments usually.
Pine cones and acorns are good too.
Tbh Ikea is best, we have raffia julboks from years ago which look great, red hearts, birds, tomten etc.
Always a great price too.

anotherdayanothersquabble Thu 22-Oct-15 08:55:01

Lidl and Aldi start their Christmas decorations around this time of the year. They often have some beautiful wooden or straw decorations and lots of red and white ribbon. Sign up for the email notifications so you don't miss them.

attheendoftheday Thu 22-Oct-15 09:10:54

IKEA do a good and affordable range of wood, wicker and felt decorations, we have some.

MilkyChops Thu 22-Oct-15 09:24:48

Ikea and Tiger

Davros Thu 22-Oct-15 09:30:22

I've bought lots of felt ones over the years that look crafty. You know, bits of ribbon, buttons etc. Some from Paperchase but lots of other places too. They are lovely

glenthebattleostrich Thu 22-Oct-15 09:32:55

Dotcomgiftshop do some gorgeous ones

peaz Thu 22-Oct-15 09:38:07

B&M do some lovely white wooden stuff. I am pretty sure their Christmas range is good.

laplumeofmyaunt Thu 22-Oct-15 09:56:58

Someone linked to Poundlands Christmas brochure on one of the Christmas threads - you can also see it on their website. They have some scandi looking stuff on P22 - P30 of the catalogue. Most of the supermarkets and places like Home Bargains and Matalan always have Scandi decs and Tiger had some lovely things last year.

Check out Pinterest for Scandi Christmas themes.

Nevergoingtolearn Thu 22-Oct-15 12:03:06

Paperchase have a few I think. I bought some wooden reindeers from tesco last year.

BurningBriquette Thu 22-Oct-15 19:41:17

More great suggestions. - Thank you. Have just discovered that there is and wish B&M on the outskirts of town so hoping to get there soon. Really enjoying looking at all the suggested sites, just trying to plan so I buy a decent mix which also won't break the mini Christmas bank.

We have a Tiger in town too - can't wait to pop in to take a look.

GlowWine Thu 22-Oct-15 22:27:55

Tiger had some nice ones last year (and glass too...), but right now they still have the Halloween stuff out. Keep an eye on their web site to save you a wasted trip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now