Talk

Advanced search

Arts and Crafts gifts

(11 Posts)
squiggleirl1 Sun 18-Oct-15 20:06:42

Hi,

DD is 7, and loves art and crafts. It's more gluing and glitter and stickers and making things like paper flowers, candles etc that she likes, rather than drawing, knitting or sewing.

She has an art box, but I'm wondering if anybody has suggestions of special art kits/sets or toys that she would like?

Thank you!

NewLife4Me Sun 18-Oct-15 22:06:20

I was just coming on to ask similar.
The works has lots of bits that you can put together and some basic kits.

I"m stuck for ideas for dd, but more grown up at 11. It needs to be something she can make but not take more than a few hours or something you can leave from one week to the next and pick up again.

GloGirl Sun 18-Oct-15 22:08:49

Crafty Crocodiles is a great site

Kuriusoranj Sun 18-Oct-15 23:47:05

My daughter is a little older - 8, almost 9, but she loves art and craft of all kinds. For her November birthday one of her presents is a stack of air drying clay and some tools/moulds. For Christmas she's getting a book on soap carving, some tools and a stack of cheap soap to hack. (All from Amazon).

Now I think of it, those are both really messy! Maybe less recommendation, more warning!

ArtyBat Sun 18-Oct-15 23:56:15

What about a mosaic kit? If you type 'mosaic kit for children' into your search engine it comes up with a variety for different ages.

Forestdreams Sun 18-Oct-15 23:57:24

Soap carving is a fab idea!

Soap making is v popular here (or rather, soap colouring and pouring into pretty moulds). There isn't much to it but the end product is genuinely useful and used every day, and I like the fact it gets used up rather than just accumulating!

ArtyBat Sun 18-Oct-15 23:58:16

Or, what about papermaking. you can make recycled paper using fruit, veg to give colour and texture. It's a bit messy but great fun.

If you need instructions on it, just PM me.

Senpai Mon 19-Oct-15 20:06:34

Are loom bands still a thing? She might like making bracelets. Or even a traditional friendship bracelet kit with string to weave into pretty designs.

d270r0 Mon 19-Oct-15 20:55:26

I used to love a paper-dying set when I was younger. It was easy to do and you could dye paper all kinds of different patterns and colours by swirling it in water then dipping the paper in. I used to use it as wrapping paper.

squiggleirl1 Tue 20-Oct-15 20:20:50

Thank you all for the suggestions. I think she'd like mosaics or paper dying. I'll look into those more. :-)

Millie2013 Tue 20-Oct-15 21:12:40

TK maxx had some lovely children's craft sets in today. I bought a friend's DD a lovely bracelet making set with wooden beads

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now