Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

stocking fillers for 12 year old boy.. not child... not adult.... help!!

(23 Posts)
StrumpersPlunkett Sun 18-Oct-15 19:45:32

Thanks

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 18-Oct-15 19:51:12

Magazine
Pringles
Bottle of fizzy juice - coke with his name on?
Pack of cards
Multi tool
Funky socks
"designer" wallet (Vans/Superdry etc)
Lynx
DVD
Book
Pack of Cards
Paracord bracelet
Rubik Cube/puzzle type thing
Chocolate Orange
Hot Chocolate Sachets
Santa Lolly smile
Stickers for scooter/bike
Bike/Scooter Lights
Beanie Hat
Smart Gloves
ITunes voucher
Poster

What sort of things is he into?

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 18-Oct-15 19:52:23

Did you mean actual stuff to go in a stocking rather than extra presents that aren't his main gift?

I always assume the former but it isn't as clear as that on here sometimes smile

missmargot Sun 18-Oct-15 19:53:40

When DSS was that age I went with things like:

- light up/brightly coloured chargers for whatever devices he had at the time
- Pop Tarts
- Sweets from around the world, especially ones with vaguely rude sounding names. Cyber Candy etc are good for these
- Stationery, nice pens, refillable pencils etc
- socks
- Slushy cup
- headphones

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 18-Oct-15 19:56:56

keyrings
badges
Origami post it notes

NorbertDentressangle Sun 18-Oct-15 20:04:49

-Food stuff like JellyBelly jellybeans, popping candy chocolate
-Practical stuff like pants and socks
-Gadgety/tech stuff - bicycle cleaning kit, book light or head torch, earphones
-shower gel, hair stuff
-stationery
-silly book (humour, jokes or daft facts etc)

Something I bought the other day which I thought might go down well is a roll of Gorilla tape/gaffa tape! I've no idea what he'll use it for but I bet it does get used for fixing things/making things as he sees DP using it all the time

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Sun 18-Oct-15 20:09:21

Tricky age, isn't it? What hobbies does he have? My 11yo likes running and art.

Last year stocking fillers included a Facebox set, tech gloves, playing cards in a tin. Books and a DVD.

His brothers also got rugby gloves/socks, wallet, magic guillotine, torch.

This year I'm thinking about running accessories (pouch for his phone etc) maybe some art stuff and a head torch. Possibly a grownup looking washbag as he has some trips coming up.

I got my dcs reusable popcorn holders a couple of years ago, they loved them and they get used lots.

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 18-Oct-15 20:09:55

My DS1 always likes elastic bands. He uses them for building lego guns.

MustBeLoopy390 Sun 18-Oct-15 20:13:03

Firebox has loads of great ideas for awesome stocking fillers for all ages

FrozenPonds Sun 18-Oct-15 20:13:17

Lego, stuff like Dr Who, Minecraft, Mindstorms.

Board games like Ticket to Ride, The Chase, Hobbit Trivial Pursuits.

Spy Gear stuff.

Scouts stuff, iScout clothing, camping gear.

A hoverboard, perfectly legal in the skateparks and woods around here.

Bike stuff.

StrumpersPlunkett Sun 18-Oct-15 20:14:58

These are brilliant thanks! Found some great things for relies to buy as proper gifts so really looking at small things to go in stocking.

He is into his guitar and kiss fm so music stuff is a given but other stuff you have mentioned will be great!

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 18-Oct-15 20:17:32

Phone/ipod case
fancy laces
Funko pop of a character/show he is interested in.

DollyTwat Sun 18-Oct-15 20:19:15

I've got an app called Wish that has loads of gadget stuff really cheap. So I've got a gorilla pod, some lenses for an iPhone, that kind of stuff for about £2 each

Takes ages to arrive though and isn't the best quality, but for cheap stuff that they'll love it's fine!

Hoolit Sun 18-Oct-15 20:20:45

Greggs voucher, my ds loved that at that age.
Iphone/device extra charge charger...can't think of name but less than a tenner and invaluable.

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 18-Oct-15 20:22:07

Maglite torches

DollyTwat Sun 18-Oct-15 20:22:42

Oh yeah chargers, extra batteries for the Xbox controller, hdmi cable, battery charger - essential for iPhones!

traviata Sun 18-Oct-15 20:24:56

Guitar related - plectrums, capo, tuner, little notebook of chords, guitar shaped bits and pieces. Some on musicroom but I expect you can find them in lots of places.

StrumpersPlunkett Sun 18-Oct-15 20:36:17

Just got lost in firebox for 15 minutes!!
All these are great.. Thank you

madmotherof2 Sun 18-Oct-15 20:44:27

Ooh some great ideas here! I'm taking notes for my 12 year old sons stocking!

mysteryfairy Sun 18-Oct-15 21:21:29

I buy odd bits of tat from eBay. This year my three teens have selfie sticks (£3ish, I know I'm late on that bandwagon), zip up headphones with glowing earbuds (£1.50 - I don't spend a lot on headphones as they never last long). For the last few years they also have both extra long and extra short phone cables. All these things are themed so each gets a colour and there can be no sneaky snaffling each other's.

I've bought magic gloves that work with smart phones in the past, also for less than a couple of quid.

Top man boxers start in a very small size. I buy the most silly or outrageous (excluding innuendo related) pattern they have.

WeAllHaveWings Sun 18-Oct-15 22:56:19

A hoverboard, perfectly legal in the skateparks and woods around here.

Not legal on private land without the owners permission. Skateparks and woods in our area are owned by the council and they would not give permission.

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 18-Oct-15 23:03:17

That's what I thought WeAll They may be tolerated and the law not actively enforced but they are still illegal. I think you would be on a sticky wicket if you caused an accident while using one and then liable to either legal action or a civil action by the injured party.

Senpai Mon 19-Oct-15 02:56:58

Vinyl toy blind boxes for whatever series/game he's into. They're sort of trendy collectibles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now