Talk

Advanced search

6 year old boy ideas

(14 Posts)
OldJoseph Sun 18-Oct-15 12:55:15

He's the youngest so already has a lot of Lego etc. This is a gift from my parents so about £20 would be good, as well as available from Amazon, so I can buy it and have it delivered to them.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sun 18-Oct-15 13:57:18

Snapcircuits
Magic set
Science set
Superhero or Star Wars mashers

IsItMeOr Sun 18-Oct-15 15:09:05

Our DS is almost 7, but in the past year he has loved his magic set. I like the snapcircuits, but DS hasn't played with it much, so may still be a bit young for it.

OldJoseph Sun 18-Oct-15 16:10:06

Thanks for the ideas, Snapcircuits looks really promising. His brother is getting a magic set, I've bought a science set before (for his brother) and found it disappointing. It would be easier if he were into something but he's not really.

wlv12 Sun 18-Oct-15 17:19:46

I have a 6 year old - really difficult when you have older ones too!
He's getting a practical joke set as he's loving a joke book and fake 'eye' that he got at the school book fair.
Other things for around the price that I think he'd like include a despicable me fart blaster and Jurassic World hero masher.

Lowdoorinthewall Sun 18-Oct-15 21:58:49

DS is keeping a weather eye on the Lego Star Wars action figures in Tesco.

shadesofwinter Sun 18-Oct-15 23:37:17

My 8yo DS (and his 4 year old sister!) have had loads of fun with a crystal growing kit that he got for his birthday. Some of the crystals are more successful than others but they've had fun setting it all up.

NicoleWatterson Mon 19-Oct-15 14:01:09

Bug hunting sets
Metal detector
Stone polishing set (could just be mine?!!)
Any play mobile - mine doesn't like lego as it breaks when you try and play with it
Hot wheels track sets

www.brightminds.co.uk has lots of lovely ideas

Finlaggan Tue 20-Oct-15 08:57:12

That bright minds website is great, thanks for the link, loads of great ideas!

Angie1978 Tue 20-Oct-15 11:11:55

We are looking at the breach kidizoom watch and a back pack filled with all the things a spy would need

Tuiles Tue 20-Oct-15 11:17:45

Super Hero Mashers are being requested around here. They also come in Transformers and Star Wars varieties - all interchangeable

NotSoSkinnyNow Tue 20-Oct-15 11:25:32

Hexbugs are popular with DS(7), and yesterday we spotted a glow in the dark Hexbug set in tesco, reduced from £40 to 20.
He was also impressed by a "Cat" train set with heavy duty machinery. . Diggers etc. Also reduced from 40 to 20.

Trying to attach photos, fingers crossed smilesmile

Forestdreams Tue 20-Oct-15 12:32:21

my 6 year old is heavily into K'nex, so I'm looking at one of the k'nex roller coasters for him. Also a cd player.

OldJoseph Wed 21-Oct-15 18:01:37

Thank you again for all the suggestion! We have Hexbugs (last year's gift). Most likely (when DGM asks) we'll go for the Snapcircuits.

It's all very silly and just comes up because he has older siblings and lots of family who want to buy for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now