Talk

Advanced search

Christmas gift for nanny and grandad

(8 Posts)
Isthereeverarightime1 Sat 17-Oct-15 15:11:08

From my DS 19months! My mum has said not to buy a gift from us this year just one for her and my dad from our son!
Last year I did them a personalised Calendar with all the grandkids and they have had various photo mugs etc and loads of picture frames so I am stumped at what we could get them this year!

It would be nice to buy something that's a keepsake type gift, I thought about a keepsake bear with some of his clothes but this is more suited for my mum and not dad really!

Has anyone got any ideas please??

Bored12345 Sun 18-Oct-15 05:48:56

Make the calendar a tradition and do one every year. Job done!

cravingcake Sun 18-Oct-15 07:22:56

I do a Calendar every year for both sets of grandparents and they love it.
I'm doing a personalised key ring this year for Grandad which is a handprint from kids that is shrunk to small size.

Isthereeverarightime1 Sun 18-Oct-15 08:42:08

Good idea about the calendar! I also really like the key ring idea, where did you find this?

emma1320 Sun 18-Oct-15 13:17:39

We have a pottery painting shop near us where the children can paint all different types of pottery. Last year i put my DDs handprint on a mug and that went down well. Maybe see if there is a similar shop local to you

Isthereeverarightime1 Sun 18-Oct-15 16:40:03

We do have one in town thinking about it so could easily sort that! Thank you that's a great idea too smile

cravingcake Sun 18-Oct-15 20:22:25

This is the website that I am going to use, I have a friend who has one of their necklaces and the quality is very good. www.impressionstokeep.co.uk

I'm sure there are others if you google.

HideHide Sun 18-Oct-15 20:42:10

We've done a porcelain tree ornament photo gift every year which is a great keepsake and lovely to look back on each year

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: