Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sainsburys Toy Sale - starts We'd

(16 Posts)
Mumtogremlins Sat 17-Oct-15 14:07:25

Heard that Sainsburys toy sale starts on Wednesday - glad it's before the kids break up although slowly been getting worse bargain wise every year

SymphonyofShadows Sat 17-Oct-15 15:22:33

Thanks, fingers crossed that's it's better than last time! I was hoping it wouldn't be quite yet as I wanted to see if they had any new Star Wars stuff

MTWTFSS Sat 17-Oct-15 15:38:22

The first year Sainsbury's did this I got the most amazing bargains grin Every year since the deals keep getting worse and worse sad

nancy75 Sat 17-Oct-15 15:43:36

DD is too big for many toys now but I remember the first year they did it and everything was half price - it was brilliant (although the shop was like fight club)

hippoherostandinghere Sat 17-Oct-15 15:45:00

I was also there the first year and got many bargains. I'll call in after the school run on wed hopefully get a few food deals.

SymphonyofShadows Sat 17-Oct-15 16:50:06

My local one is huge but never seems busy anymore. I reckon they are feeling the pressure from nearby Aldi and Lidl. I'm hoping that if this is a general trend everywhere it might mean bigger savings this year after a poor show last year. All the branded stuff was for pre-schoolers.

MunchMunch Sat 17-Oct-15 23:22:47

Anyone in the know can share what'll be on? I'll be there shit hot but not expecting much tbh.

Glassofwineneeded Tue 20-Oct-15 21:48:12

Does this sale actually start tomorrow?

Glassofwineneeded Tue 20-Oct-15 21:49:43

Does this sale actually start tomorrow?

Kaekae Tue 20-Oct-15 21:53:15

Agree the first year I got some fantastic bargains but since then the deals haven't been that great. My local Sainsbury's is also big and always empty now too.

SymphonyofShadows Wed 21-Oct-15 11:35:50

I went earlier. The aisles are ridiculous. In my local store they had some stuff out in a larger area but the bit where the younger kids stuff is was packed.

Lego and K'nex was 25% off, I think some Megablocks was half price. They had quite a lot of Minion, Star Wars and Avengers stuff, the Minion megablocks was definitely half price.

WoodleyPixie Wed 21-Oct-15 11:46:40

It was chaos this morning. I didn't know about the sale, sainsburys is closest shop to work so I go in 2/3 times a week and buy lunch before work. This morning was one of those.

The aisles were packed with buggies and trolleys. I only had a basket as noticed it while in the shop. Lego reductions very poor. Monster high dolls half price, some my little pony half price, others 1/3 off. Shopkins 20% off (none left though, someone had a trolley full of them all!), Barbie 50% off.

Some craft sets and jigsaws 50% off. I don't have a lot of kids to buy for now, so just got a couple of monster high dolls and my little pony bits. Might pop in again on Friday to see if any shopkins bits in.

RozTheSchnoz Wed 21-Oct-15 12:36:27

I've just come from our local one. Got a VTech Grow and Ride On for DS2 and Motormania emergency cars, Pretend and Play cash register and shopping basket for DS1 all for approx £35 so all half price. Busier than usual there but not too bad. smile

Kaekae Wed 21-Oct-15 13:33:53

Went at 10.30am and it was packed. I noticed a lot of the toys were actually cheaper on other online sites. Not much on half price unless it was Sainsbury's own brand toys. I got a few things but decided to get the other toys elsewhere.

d270r0 Wed 21-Oct-15 13:38:44

They had loads of really cool car type things and hot wheels stuff at very good prices. Things like a 5 pack of hot wheels cars for only £3.49.
A cool remote control dragon , big, for £8.99.
All the sainsburys own make 'motor mania', half price, I bought quite a bit.
Lots of sainsburys own baby/toddler stuff cheap, I got a set of wooden train track with a bridge, a double loop of track and a train made of 4 carriages for only £4.99

ChippyMinton Wed 21-Oct-15 23:25:25

I popped in for a banana and left with chill factor slushie cups £8.65 from £12.99, Lego Simpsons minifigs £1 each, and Minecraft figures 25% off.

And a banana obviously smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now