Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stocking fillers for 2 year old

(14 Posts)
Bonywasawarriorwayayix Sat 17-Oct-15 07:55:10

I'm doing a stocking for DS for the first time this year (eep!) and I need some ideas for what to put in please. Jigsaws are out- he has shown nil interest in the ones he has.

duckbilled Sat 17-Oct-15 08:08:38

Wind up bath toy, bubbles, little car, character socks, chocolate coins?

GloGirl Sat 17-Oct-15 08:34:25

We have the same boy! Following with interest it's also my first year.

I was thinking
Chocolate Orange that I'll eat
Toothbrush
Bubbles
Matchbox cars
Schleich figure
Tiny keyring sketch thing
Happyland figure
Maybe a pen if I can find a fun one.

GloGirl Sat 17-Oct-15 08:34:49

Maybe a Mr Men book in there too.

OddSocksDontMatch Sat 17-Oct-15 09:07:40

Bubble Bath
Wooden Vehicles ( from Tiger)
Jingly Bell Instrument (Elc)
PG Tips Monkey
Meg and Mog Dvd
Lift the flap book
Maryland Cookies

Bonywasawarriorwayayix Sat 17-Oct-15 09:19:55

Great ideas, thank you. I'm going to put in some safe scissors, brightly coloured paper and stickers too.

Lovelydiscusfish Sat 17-Oct-15 18:04:46

As well as the suggestions above, tub of playdough? Toy dinosaurs? (I got dd a tube of these last year for about £3 from Morrisons - she's played with them loads.) Small torch?

chanie44 Sat 17-Oct-15 20:09:51

A chocolate Santa is a good item to bulk out the stocking if it's a big one.

Other things that has gone down well:
Drinks bottle
Backpack
Ball

Redberrypie Sat 17-Oct-15 20:13:09

Since the age of 2 the most loved stocking present, actually out of all of his presents has been the whoppee cushion grin. Best £2 spent every year.

NeverNic Sat 17-Oct-15 21:00:47

Last year my son was 2.5 and he got cheap DVD, tube of mini dinos, chocolate coins, clementine, matchbox cars, dino stickers, crayons, dino colouring book, counting and alphabet dry marker books, picture book, socks, snap cards, drink bottle and something Disney Cars. I also ended up chucking a few larger presents in as we went overboard on buying. Trying to watch that this year.

So far this year he has hot wheels cars, a couple of books, dino drawing template, Cars Top Trumps, new crayons and a bubble wand. He will also get new pants and socks. Will add a game from elc and some stickers. Oh and a rubber duck for the bath. smile

toddlerwrangling Sun 18-Oct-15 00:09:40

last year DD was just two and she had:

Bubbles from Tiger, 50p
Large choc coin, £3
Wooden robot from Tiger, £2
Wind-up Munchkin bath bugs (£2 in Boots sale on Boots points)
Hairclips, Jojomamanbebe £3
Bjorn bear soft toy, Ikea £1
Light-up bath ducks, Tiger £3 (these were lovely but sadly didn't last very long)
Happyland surprise figure, ELC £1.80
Large red flock bouncy ball, £3
Cbeebies Abney and Teal magazine with plastic Abney and Teal toy phone and stickers (this went down very well)

plus the usual satsuma and apple.

I try to spend about £20 on the stocking fillers and just buy little toy things. I also buy them throughout the year when I spot something cute in a sale or similar. DD will be just 3 and so far this year I've collected:

small wooden kaleidoscope, £1.20
mini skipping rope, £1.80 in Paperchase summer sale
two red castanets, £1 each in local toy shop closing down sale (boo, it was such a nice toy shop)
baby Gap fluffy socks, £1.99 in last January sales. I hope they fit!
glitter bouncy ball, £1
red and silver hair ties, £2 in Tiger
colour changing bath ducks, £3 Tiger

I'll also add a net of white chocolate coins (Sainsburys have them on 3 for 2 at the moment), a CBeebies magazine when I see one she will especially like (either Charlie and Lola or Sarah and Duck if possible), the usual satsuma and apple, and I'm pondering what little soft toy to get.

I'm wondering if I need to get anything else or whether I've got enough, might have a look in Tiger for another little wooden toy or similar nearer to Christmas. I've got some more of their bubble mix but we often get it now and she is a sharp little thing so putting another one in the stocking might give the game away if she wonders why Father Christmas buys his bubble mix in the same place as Mummy!

OddSocksDontMatch Sun 18-Oct-15 00:13:50

I love Tiger for stocking fillers!

toddlerwrangling Sun 18-Oct-15 00:18:44

oh and I just remembered I bought a set of castle finger puppets and a packet of chalks in Ikea earlier this year. Guess I don't need to get anything much more for the stocking now!

I love doing the stocking. Used to do them for my much younger siblings when I was a teenager and now I love collecting little stocking pieces for DD!

Senpai Sun 18-Oct-15 05:08:44

We're getting 20 month DD:

- Bath toys
- New socks
- Sunglasses
- Toothbrushes.
- Tennis Balls
- coloring book and crayons

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now