Talk

Advanced search

park vouchers

(24 Posts)
lavazzzalover Fri 16-Oct-15 15:46:33

They've arrived!! I can start Christmas shopping! !!

Anyone else?

Isitchristmasyet4 Fri 16-Oct-15 21:15:14

Mine haven't came yet sad still have abou £20 left to pay and mum has about £80. You must've finished early OP? Go you grin

Heavenscent86 Sat 17-Oct-15 07:57:55

Are park vouchers worth buying? Where can you use them?

Isitchristmasyet4 Sat 17-Oct-15 09:45:05

www.highstreetvouchers.com/gift/where-to-spend-love2shop-vouchers

Have a wee look at this heaven

newtonupontheheath Sat 17-Oct-15 09:56:04

Mine arrived a few weeks ago and I was so surprised! Must have been super organised last year! We got Amazon, m&s (for food) Primark, high street and a pre-paid MasterCard. DH forgot about them because I pay from my bank account and we get £550 so he was really impressed!

QuaverQueen Sat 17-Oct-15 11:12:18

I can't wait for mine to arrive, DH got DD one for her birthday and I was envy smile

wannabestressfree Sat 17-Oct-15 21:33:47

I literally cannot wait....think last payment day is the 1st November. Makes such a big difference to us and we pay weekly....

Isitchristmasyet4 Sat 17-Oct-15 21:53:38

Yes 1st Nov is the last day, gonna pay mine by next Friday to make sure it all clears in time etcgrin so excited!

FullSwearJar Sat 17-Oct-15 23:30:28

I had someone at the door trying to sell these to me for next Christmas. I don't understand them. If I did a £40/month payment to Park why am I any better off than putting £40 in a savings account each month?

happsymum Sun 18-Oct-15 01:29:47

oo interested in doing this. do you just set up an account and pay monthly and it all adds up in one place or do you have to specify where each amount you pay in will go to which voucher? websites not very clear, sorry if all silly questions. help! smile

ChipperNipper Sun 18-Oct-15 02:33:05

Mine arrived this morning grin I paid the last payment early online.

You select the vouchers/gift cards you want and they tell you how much that works out to each week or month depending on how often you want to pay. I've already selected mine for next year.

This time I have selected theatre vouchers aa well so I can take my DC to watch a show next Christmas. Also an M&S giftcard so I can buy lots of lovely food. Bit disappointed that you can't buy Amazon vouchers separately anymore. They are combined with the love2shop vouchers which is annoying. I like the love2shop vouchers but Amazon is convenient. Also selected a Smyths voucher to use when they have the 20% off weekend.

If you change your mind about which vouchers you want, you can always phone them and they will change it over. So although I've selected those vouchers I know I can change them next year if my situation/plans change. I changed mine a few months ago and it couldnt have been easier.

I prefer Parks to a savings account as it means I can't dip into it throughout the year and end up with nothing come Christmas.

The only word of caution is that if you select gift vouchers make sure you spend the full amount because you dont get change with them, you just lose the unspent amount. I choose gift cards as they dont have this issue. If you spend £10 of a £20 giftcard then you still have £10 left on your giftcard.

I have also ordered a prepaid Mastercard for the first time. This is the only one that carries a fee; 10%. So a £100 card will cost you £110 but i think its well worth it because you spend it anywhere that accepts Mastercard.

wannabestressfree Sun 18-Oct-15 07:28:54

I have a combination of things including love to shop, theatre and restaurant vouchers so I can have a few treats. I know you could save it with the bank but I like watching it go up with park, I get loyality points and its just Part of christmas now....

wannabestressfree Sun 18-Oct-15 07:30:09

Happy I pay mine weekly by standing order. I have two more payments then I am done for this year and I restart it in the new year...

lavazzzalover Sun 18-Oct-15 14:14:11

I start saving for Christmas 2016 next month! Last day for payments for me is 7th October. So my customers have 11/12 months to save. Some pay me weekly some monthly. I save £700 with them . Mix of Primark/Debenhams/high street. I could not trust myself to save. I'd dip!

I got vouchers and the gift cards this year. Love the cards. So I might order less paper vouchers and more card next time. Less hassle with the change issue

wannabestressfree Sun 18-Oct-15 22:19:25

I don't restart until January so I can have December and most of November 'off'...

Beth2511 Sun 18-Oct-15 22:53:35

I'm looking into these for next year.. can I pay chunks off at a time and then not pay any for a while? or does it have to be weekly payments?

Mydearchild Mon 19-Oct-15 06:41:44

Ooooh can't wait to get mine. This is my 4th year I've saved & it makes a massive difference come Christmas. I do Amazon, high st & M&S, usually around £50 a month & I honestly don't notice that money going out. I know I'd spend cash if I tried to save it grin

Mydearchild Mon 19-Oct-15 06:42:31

Beth2511 it's a set monthly payment usually by direct debit.

Natkingcole9 Mon 19-Oct-15 08:06:50

Beth2511 you can pay what you like, I didn't set up a direct debit so I pay by pay point in my local shop or online. There were months I paid £30 and months I paid £300. It just depends, with vouchers as long as it's all paid by 1st November they don't care how you pay it grin

desperatelyseekingamovingdate Tue 20-Oct-15 11:46:49

Hi i am really interested in this after trying and failing to save this year for christmas. Can i pay off lump sums as i have the money as our salary is variable?

Also how much of a % of your total xmas budget do you typically save with park?

Do you use a lot of love2shop vouchers? They dont seem to be taken in that many places - although quite a few.

I like the idea of asda vouchers as you can get clothes, presents and food there.

Is there anything else i should know - i have looked at the website but personal experiences would be helpful.

Thanks

Natkingcole9 Tue 20-Oct-15 12:33:36

Yes you can pay off lump sums, they give you a target weekly/monthly amount but you don't have to stick to it (as long as you're on track for key dates in October and November) love to shop are accepted in loads of places - www.highstreetvouchers.com/gift/where-to-spend-love2shop-vouchers

I would definitely advise you to sign up. I started an account for me and mum to save. Our orders combined were just under 2k. I earned £59 commission(not bad) which I will receive in a cheque in January. I can't believe how much I have to spend on Xmas, I can't waitsmile

desperatelyseekingamovingdate Tue 20-Oct-15 12:56:10

Thanks for that NAT - i had a look at the website but i didnt scroll down - doh!, they are taken in loads of places. I am struggling to come up with the cash for this Christmas (i dont get in debt for xmas) and we have loads of birthdays in the run up so not to have this worry, next year would be amazing.

I discussed this briefly with hubby, last night and he was worried that we would be kept to repayment dates so i am glad thats not the case. I like the idea i can make a payment at a paypoint machines at a local shop as dragging the kids to a bank is a pita.

Do you save all your xmas money with park? Food and presents? Are there any downsides? It seems pretty perfect.

Natkingcole9 Tue 20-Oct-15 13:38:38

Yes pretty much all my Xmas saving is park, £675 love to shop, £50 restaurant vouchers (can be spent in nandos, pizza express etc) and £100 M+s gift cardgrin definitely research it more, it's very good grin

Tittybiscuit Tue 10-Nov-15 20:04:50

Been doing park for almost 5 years now and i love it- definitely best way for me to save. I had love 2 shop anywhere cards this year....really pleased on the whole, but tried to use them in both asda and Game (2 shops that I could spend a fortune in at Xmas) and they wouldn't accept hmm
It's not put me off getting them for next year, but wondered if anyone else had the same issue with other shops?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: