Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas books for older children, who still believe

(10 Posts)
mamabluestar Fri 16-Oct-15 06:44:47

Please share your recommendations.

We have lots of different Christmas books that we have shared over the years, but I would really like to get my DD, who is nearly 8, something more suitable for her, rather than to share with her 4 year old brother.

blacktreaclecat Fri 16-Oct-15 07:18:43

Narnia?

ThomasRichard Fri 16-Oct-15 07:26:02

A Christmas Carol?

EmGee Fri 16-Oct-15 13:09:44

book called The Story of Holly and Ivy by Rumer Godden. It was recommended on here and I bought it last year from Amazon. dd1 was a bit young for it (at just 5) so I am hoping she will enjoy it this year or next. It is a proper chapter book with few illustrations so has quite a 'grown-up' feel to it. Very touching story!

EmGee Fri 16-Oct-15 13:10:26

Sorry the link part should say 'This book'. Link still works!

TheOnlyPink Fri 16-Oct-15 13:44:59

I'm struggling with this too. My 8 year old adores being read to, and would like something christmassy. I'm going to get The dark is rising which is set at Christmas, and highly recommend here, but not sure if it's a Christmas classic!
Going to get this set of Enid Blyton Christmas stories too, but that's more for me! fwink

mamabluestar Fri 16-Oct-15 17:35:48

Thanks for the suggestions I will check them out.

Has anyone seen any books with Santa's secrets in. Ive seen a couple on the internet, but they were very expensive to buy on a whim.

daisydalrymple Fri 16-Oct-15 21:37:51

Tolkien 'letters from father Christmas'. Fabulous book. Series of letters his children received every year from Father Christmas.

starlight2007 Fri 16-Oct-15 21:59:48

My Ds had a book how Santa really works when he was 6..He was reading it the other week( now 8) so really loves it.

MARGUERITE18 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:13:00

@daisydalrymple I would put this one to non believers not believers , dd has a copy but if she had recieved when she had believed it pretty much says the letters are t tolkeins kids from him pretending to be father christmas and also it may trigger questions as to why santa doesn't send them stories and pictures etc.... x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now