Talk

Advanced search

What to suggest for 15 month old DD

(11 Posts)
SalemSaberhagen Wed 14-Oct-15 22:11:21

DDad and SM have asked me what they can get DD for Christmas, she will be 15 months at that time.

They do £50 for all of the grandchildren, but I'm really stuck as to what they can buy for her. The house isn't massive, and she already has a trike, activity cube, pram walker etc, and we are getting her the ikea play kitchen for Christmas. Any ideas? They won't do vouchers, they will want it to actually be something!

LovelyWeatherForDucks Thu 15-Oct-15 12:25:19

Things that my DS had around that age and grew into were brio train set, duplo, toot toot garage, happyland ...what about outdoor stuff? Sand / water table, little slide? Anything you need that you could suggest - things for her room (beanbag or nightlight?) I also love the look of the ELC rosebud cottage stuff, and wooden farm.

LaughingHyena Thu 15-Oct-15 13:29:03

How about some bits and pieces for the kitchen. Cut & play fruit and veg were a bit hit with both of mine.

Duplo, boxes are on offer in the tesco toy sale at the moment. We found it good to have a base too, our carpet is not great for building on.

A mat like this is great for quick clear up of all the pieces

[[ www.amazon.co.uk/YIXIN-Colorful-Speeding-Racetrack-Education/dp/B0122AVRY8/ref=sr_1_14?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1444912044&sr=1-14&keywords=click+clack+track Car track/ramp]]

Beth2511 Thu 15-Oct-15 13:33:04

Duplo or playmobil 123.. will make future birthdays/christmas easier too because if DD gets a liking there's lots of different sets!

SalemSaberhagen Fri 16-Oct-15 13:21:37

Some good ideas there, thanks everyone!

MTWTFSS Fri 16-Oct-15 14:39:12

What I would have asked for when my DC were around 15 months...

Playmobil 6765 1.2.3 Noah's Ark (£20.79) and John Lewis Cotbed Wool Duvet (£35)

stillhereafteralltheseyears Fri 16-Oct-15 18:17:29

If shes in to dolls I have given a couple of Pebble crochet dolls to friends' daughters and they loved them. I gave the Mermaid and a Ballerina. They're hand made and feel lovely. They're quite expensive so good Xmas gift

SalemSaberhagen Fri 16-Oct-15 22:04:09

They are lovely still!

Senpai Sat 17-Oct-15 04:21:03

I don't know much about your DD, but mine (18 months) is nuts over any sort of ball to the point of obsession. They have some cute textured balls on Amazon These Things that DD loves to roll, toss, and otherwise carry around.

It depends on your child. Is she self entertaining or does she need her toys to "do" something to make them engaging?

DD also has This Ball Ramp That she loves and it helps with motor skills. The balls also make rattling noises. This has kept her entertained since she was 12 months.

At this age, I might go more for practical things that they will need. Does she have no spill cups? What about a booster seat to sit at the table instead of high chair? Step stool? Nice outfits? Shoes the next size up for when she grows?

Other things DD plays with constantly are:
- Bath toys
- Board books
- Buckets to put toys in
- Those wooden puzzles
- Musical instruments designed for small children

GloGirl Sat 17-Oct-15 08:42:47

I agree with kitchen accessories, ikea do lovely pots and pan's and soft veg.

The Happyland ranges are really lovely and in budget.

Julia Donaldson books - the Gruffalo, the Snail and the Whale etc.

Maybe a nice rug for her room?

PennyHasNoSurname Sat 17-Oct-15 08:48:41

yy to Happyland.

What about a set of books for when she is older (Roald Dahl etc)

Rocking horse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now