Talk

Advanced search

wii U

(11 Posts)
Avebury Wed 14-Oct-15 11:28:54

Does anyone know if these are ever discounted or should I just accept that the cost is going to hurt but hopefully it will earn its keep both in entertainment terms and the sheer joy and gratitude I am hoping for from the DC when they realise that my constant refrain of 'maybe when you are older' has finally come to fruition.

Also any game recommendations?

imwithspud Wed 14-Oct-15 11:48:54

There's a possibility that it may be on offer when Black Friday rolls around in November so it might be worth keeping an eye out around then. I am wanting to get my dp a PS4 but I'm waiting till then before I buy just in case I can get a good deal.

Avebury Wed 14-Oct-15 12:38:08

Good plan. I will hold off until then. For some reason I am currently in crazy 'want to get the shopping done' mode. I blame the wonderful bargain threads!

Merrow Thu 15-Oct-15 13:06:49

Do you use HotUKDeals? You can set up alerts for certain products, and they tend to be pretty on top of console deals. Having had a quick squint it's definitely worth waiting rather than buying now – the cheapest seems to be about £50 more expensive than I paid in May!

How old are your kids? Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros are brilliant, and I don't have them but Kirby and Yoshi's Wooly World are aimed at a younger age group and supposed to be great.

CalliopeTorres Thu 15-Oct-15 18:03:47

We got a brilliant deal last year of an 8gb wii u plus Marion kart and 3d mario world for £199 on Amazon last Black Friday.

KittyCatPumpkin Fri 16-Oct-15 11:51:57

I just bought one from CEX website. £155 and got Super Smash Bros for £35 (amazon) that should keep mine happy and was quite pleased at the price.

Oldraver Fri 16-Oct-15 13:11:44

Merrow. I've registered with HotUkDeals,please could you tell how to set up an alert, thanks..

foragogo Fri 16-Oct-15 15:04:46

i cant work out how to do this either!

Avebury Fri 16-Oct-15 19:23:37

Thanks for all the advice. I will hang out until Black Friday but keep my eye out in the meantime. I'm sure they do inflate the prices pre Christmas though..... Sigh.

Merrow Mon 02-Nov-15 10:37:25

Sorry, I missed this! I use the app – I'm not sure if you can do it from the website. On the app if you click the lightning bolt symbol (activity) then go to the settings menu (the cog at the top right) there's a deal alerts submenu where you can add keyword searches and decide how you want to be notified about them. You can set up push alerts, but I tend to just check the app every so often, and any new deals will show up in the activities panel. I find it helps to be a bit broad, so "wii u" rather than "wii u console" –you'll get alerts for things that you're not actually looking for, such as the games alone, but it means you won't miss something like "wii u bundle" just because someone hasn't used the word console in the title.

BuildersBum Mon 02-Nov-15 12:33:06

All the Nintendo titles tend to be quiet good.
The Mario series are excellent.
Disney Infinity is particularly good on the Wii U, it makes building in toy box mode really easy.

Wii U Fut with a balance board is a lot of fun too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now