Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Not strictly Christmas, but an awkward November birthday..

(10 Posts)
TobleroneBoo Wed 14-Oct-15 11:02:09

...and you Christmas fairies would be just the people to help find a present.

DFIL is 50 in November. He is an awkward sod anyway but recently buggered up his knee very badly so any experience type thing is pretty much out of the question. He also isnt even leaving the house much at the moment.

He is fussy with what he eats.
He like wartime stuff / dads army etc
Used to love clay pigeon shooting but cant do that at present.
Likes cars.
Doesnt drink.

I am that person that loves to give presents and finds a wierd thrill in giving the perfect present to that awkward person. I also love being organised. DP will grunt until the day before then panic grin

Anything you could suggest would be greatly appreciated - Mnetters, I have faith!!

Senpai Thu 15-Oct-15 05:29:03

FIL is the same way.

I've found his sweet spot is framed photos of the family (with him included in the picture).

Any TV series that he watches?
He like building car models? He could do that while having to sit down.
What about puzzles?

PomBearWithAnOFRS Thu 15-Oct-15 05:35:39

Book? Have they published a nice Dad's Army companion, or could you find something about the war he would like?

PresidentUnderwood Thu 15-Oct-15 07:15:54

I may have the perfect place to look for you!!

Royal British legion website, they have loads of lovey war time gifts. I really liked the gun shell cuff links shaped into poppies.

Also, if there is a prestige car brand he likes - jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin have a look at gift sites or pop into dealerships for nice clothes / models.

TobleroneBoo Thu 15-Oct-15 07:18:36

Ah I thought this thread had dropped off! Thank you for your suggestions, I will look into all of them gringrin

PesoPenguin Thu 15-Oct-15 07:33:12

Does he also like motor racing at all? I'm getting my dad, who also likes wartime stuff, a DVD of Guy Martin rebuilding a spitfire. A bit niche I know, but you never know so I just thought I'd suggest it!

Shutthatdoor Thu 15-Oct-15 07:43:36

Dad's Army do novelty mugs/socks etc.

daisydalrymple Sat 17-Oct-15 12:44:49

a decent Swiss army knife? (If he is the survive anything type ) with a leather holder for it. Also, a proper maglite torch?

Dh has had both of these and absolutely loves them.

Davros Sat 17-Oct-15 12:51:45

You can get a Corporal Jones t-shirt, I think its from Philosophy Football.
A friend recently went on a Lancaster Bomber experience, just taxiing, not flying! He loved it. There is a long waiting time so it might not come up until sometime next year if you book now.

Bored12345 Sun 18-Oct-15 15:31:40

Magazine subscription eg The Field

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now